Chapter 41

Lexa's POV

I woke up the next morning around eight hoping to get a semi normal start to my day. I had fallen asleep as soon as Rachel and I came home from our walk and didn't wake up once. The exhaustion that I was feeling was starting to worry me.

I sat up in the bed and immediately felt the room start to spin. I clenched my eyes closed and took in a few deep breaths as the feeling slowly went away.

Okay Lex pull your shit together. You and Austin are still together, your just staying away to prove a point. You don't have to keep starving yourself.

I walked into the kitchen and started to brew myself a cup of coffee. I added in the normal amounts of milk and sugar and took a sip, it tasted disgusting. Slightly perplexed I poured it down the sink and grabbed one of Rachel's OJ's out of the fridge. I drank it down quickly and sat on the couch scrolling through the tv channels.

"Hey girl, your up early" Rachel said walking into the kitchen also brewing herself a coffee.

"Yeah, thought I'd get back to some normalcy. Careful with that coffee, I think we have a bad batch" I said.

She pulled it out and took a sip, she liked her coffee black so she didn't add anything to it.

"Tastes fine to me. Maybe it was the milk or something" she said walking over and sitting on the couch next to me.

"No it was definitely the coffee, I had the milk with my few spoonfuls of cereal yesterday and it tasted fine" I said looking up at her.

"Sis, are you sure you are feeling okay?" she asked me, concern weighing heavily in her voice.

"Yes, I just don't have the urge to eat so I think malnutrition is making me exhausted" I laughed.

"Well why don't you go get dressed and we'll go out to your favorite bagel place" she said.

"Okay, that sounds good" I smiled as I slowly got up off the couch and headed towards my room.

I slid into a pair of my favorite jeans from American Eagle, a blue crew neck t-shirt and slid into my vans. I went to the bathroom and ran a brush through my hair and sprayed on some perfume from bath and body works.

I went back out and grabbed my phone off the nightstand and saw that both Austin and Dani had texted me last night. I opened the ones from Austin first.

hey baby girl, just got back from the bar. I decided to leave early, I really wasn't feeling it without you there.

I miss you so much Lex, and every day I wish I could rewind and live that night over to change what had happened. I'm really hoping you forgive me, I need you with me.

Since i know you would never not respond, I'm assuming you are sleeping...again. I really hope you are okay baby girl, your making me nervous. If something is wrong with you I'd never let myself live it down since I can't be there for you. I love you so much. Text me in the morning.

He's still the same Austin that I love, which only proved to me more that what had happened at the club was not an intentional move for him. I started feeling better about my answer of wanting to go back to him. I needed him just as badly as he needed me.

A text would've sufficed, but I needed to hear his voice so I decided to give him a call instead.

"Baby girl, is everything okay?"

I felt my body relax at the sound of his voice coming through the phone. It was heavy with sleep, deep and raspy which was so sexy, but I suddenly felt horrible for calling, completely forgetting it was only 7:30 there.