Chapter 43

Lexa'sPOV

My alarm went off at six as I slowly sat up, nausea over flowing my body. I didn't need Dr. Reynold's to call me back and confirm that I was pregnant. My body had that covered. I sat on the edge of my bed for a few minutes before slowly getting up and walking into the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and ran a brush through my hair. I decided against styling it and left it at its natural wavy state. I grabbed my makeup bag off the counter and applied some foundation, mascara and blush; just enough to make me look like I wasn't a ghost walking on the street.

I walked back out to my room and threw the makeup bag in my suitcase pulling out a pair of light washed high rise jeans, a maroon crew neck t-shirt and slipped a white zip up hoodie over my shoulders. I dug through my bag to find my maroon converse and slid them on my feet. I zipped everything up and grabbed the other bag that I hadn't touched since being home and walked out towards the kitchen.

"Fuck Rachel, what the hell are you making?" I asked covering my nose and trying not to gag.

"Just eggs" she said looking over at me.

"Well can we hurry up and finish them before I throw up all over the kitchen floor" I said walking over to the living room opening the windows.

"You know if this is what you are going to be like during your whole pregnancy, then I'm glad your going back to Austin... he can deal with you" she laughed as she pushed her scrambled eggs on her plate and quickly threw the pan into the dishwasher.

"Ha ha ha" I laughed sarcastically.

"Are you going to eat anything?" she asked

"Not right now, I don't think I can stomach it literally" I laughed walking over to her and sitting down.

"Okay then I will eat these quick so we can get going. But, you do know that if you are the doctor is going to increase your calorie intake so you are going to have to try to eat even if you puke it out later"

"Yeah I know, but let's cross that bridge when we come to it" I said.

She finished up her eggs and put her dish in the sink and walked back into her room to let Brad know that we were off to the airport. She grabbed one of my bags and I grabbed the other as we headed out the door and down the hall. We didn't bother with calling for an uber and used Brad's car instead.

"Are you sure that you are making the right decision Lex?" Rachel asked as she pulled us out of the parking garage and started to head towards the airport. Luckily we were only about a fifteen minute drive away.

"I have never been more sure of anything in my life" I said rolling my head to look over at her.

"Just do me a favor and don't forget what he did. You can forgive him, but don't forget how it made you feel"

"I won't, I promise and I'm sure with these raging hormones it'll come up in conversation at some point" I laughed.

"You are so sure that you definitely are pregnant sis"

"I don't know Rachel, it's just this feeling" I said absentmindedly putting my hand on my stomach.

"Are you going to stay if he doesn't want to be involved?" she asked me.

"Are you serious right now? Like is that a serious question?" I asked as we pulled up to the airport.

"Well I just know you and I know that you would try to make things work even if the other person didn't want it to" she said getting out of the car and grabbing my bags out of the trunk. I grabbed onto one as we started walking towards my gate.