Chapter 11

He pulled me in and placed a soft kiss on my lips before pulling away slowly as he pushed my brown hair behind my ear.

I looked him straight in the eyes as I needed to ask him a few more things.

"Austin, are sure you want this? I mean you barely even know me," I laughed.

"Well I know that you have a great taste in hockey teams, a horrible taste in football teams, you love to travel, history is your thing, and you have a fucking crazy side that I can't get enough of."

I rolled my eyes at his comments.

Hey at least he listened to you Lex. You spent two years with a guy who wouldn't give you the time of day.

"I'm serious Austin. Don't be offended but this isn't a spur of the moment drunken decision is it?"

Way to be subtle Lexa.

He nodded his head. "Okay fair enough statement. But yes I am certain about this. I don't want a bad girl. I'm done with bad girls Lexa. Drunk or not drunk I can tell you are a genuinely good person and that's what I need."

He grabbed my hand as he continued looking into my eyes.

"I've been hurt a lot by girls who just try to get with anyone famous. Believe it or not I am a very sensitive person and people using me hurts so fucking much."

"Austin I would never use you, or hurt you" I said to him looking him straight in the eyes.

He cupped my face as he placed yet another kiss on my lips.

"I know you wouldn't use me. And I would never do anything to hurt you Lexa. Please know that."

I nodded my head at his comment and let out a small smile, but something inside of me was telling me to not let my guard down with him completely. After all I barely knew anything about him.

-----------

Austin's POV

I climbed out of bed letting Lexa sleep a little while longer as I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Smitty.

"Bro, are you up?"

I walked over and sat my phone on the dresser before grabbing new clothes and heading to the shower.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Lexa still sleeping peacefully as I picked up my phone checking for Smitty's response.

"I am now man"

"Good I'm on my way down" I said as I put my phone back on the dresser and walked over and put a small kiss on Lexa's forehead before I quietly slipped out the door and walked down the hall towards Smitty's room.

I knocked on the door twice.

"Sorry, I didn't interrupt anything did I?" I asked with a smug smile on my face.

"Just the post sex nap, nothing that important" Smitty said half jokingly.

I walked in as he closed the door behind me as I made my way over to the small sitting area falling into the couch and running my hands through my hair.

"Where's Dani?" I asked noticing she wasn't in the bed nor did I hear the shower running.

"She's in the gym, apparently I didn't give her a good enough workout" Smitty said laughing.

"Gotta work on that bro" I laughed as I pulled a cigarette out of the pack and sparked it lit.

Smitty looked at me curiously. "What's up man? Not that I don't mind casual conversation, but you seem on edge."