Chapter 26

Austin's POV

I pulled apart from her, a huge smile spread across my face. Part of me could not believe that I already said those words to her after only knowing her a short two weeks, but there was something about her that I was drawn to. Saying it to her definitely didn't feel wrong. Most would think I had completely lost my fucking mind. But with her, I feel like I can completely be myself.

I rubbed my hand up and down her lower back slowly as her fingers still played with the curls at the nape of my neck.

"I'm not going anywhere Lexa. You have me, all of me."

She leaned in and gently brushed her lips against mine at my words. She slowly pulled away and pushed the stray curl hanging on my forehead back into place.

"I'm not going anywhere either Austin, it will always be you" she said with a smile that made my heart flutter.

Jesus Austin, you haven't felt this way in years. You better not be a fucking idiot and mess this the fuck up.

"I love the sound of that baby girl, but you have to do one thing for me..."

The smile faded from her face ad her brows begin to furrow as she looked at me with a concerned look spreading eminently across her beautiful face.

"I need you to be patient with me, I can be hard to handle sometimes" I said half jokingly.

"Well luckily for you I have the patience of a saint rockstar" she laughed.

"Thank goodness, I don't know how I got so lucky" I smiled at her the song ending, bringing me back to reality.

I gently placed my hands back on her waist and pulled her close getting lost in those gorgeous honey brown eyes I fell for the moment I saw her back in Pittsburgh.

"Thanks for the dance baby girl" I said giving her a wink before grabbing her hand and walking back towards the table.

My eyes shot over to Smitty who had a smirk spread across his face and was slightly shaking his head back and forth. I felt my face flush the lightest shade of pink as I helped Lexa into her chair. I sat next to her and grabbed my cigarettes off the table, placing one behind my ear.

"Cigarette bro?" I asked Smitty.

"Absolutely" he said standing up and walking towards the exit.

"Baby girl, I'm going to go out and have a cigarette with Smitty" I said to her grabbing her hand and caressing the top with my thumb.

"Okay baby" she smiled sweetly back at me.

I stood up and made my way towards the exit to meet Smitty who was already indulging in the much needed cigarette break. I grabbed the cigarette from behind my ear and sparked it lit inhaling deeply enjoying the feeling of nicotine resting in my lungs before I blew out a thick cloud of smoke.

"So are you going to say something or just stare at me?" I laughed as I nervously ran my hand over the back of my neck.

Smitty laughed as he took another drag of his cigarette.

"Your into her man"

"No fucking shit Smitty" I laughed putting one hand in my pocket and bringing the other to my lips needing more of my cigarette.

"Austin, dude I'm not saying it in a bad way. I am so glad that you are man. You deserve someone to make you happy"

"She makes me feel like I can be me, just be Austin. I don't have to be Posty for her to like me. There was only one other girl that made me feel this way, but even she can't compare to Lex"