Chapter 12

My heart felt like it did a million back flips in my chest at his words as I felt him squeeze my hand as we walked out of the revolving door.

Breathe Lexa. Remember to play it safe. Don't get caught up in it just yet.

I looked up at him trying to push my inner monologue down a notch as a small smile spread across my face.

"Being quite the romantic today are we rockstar?" I laughed as I leaned in close to him as we waited for our uber to pull up to the curb.

"Despite how good it is, I'm not just keeping you around for the sex Lexa. You are someone who deserves to be treated with respect, and I intend to do just that."

I looked down at the ground feeling my face flush red as my heart pounded in my chest at his words.

Keep yourself in check Lexa or you're going to be in trouble.

I pulled myself together as I looked up at him with a wide grin on my face.

"Well that's good to hear. I'm glad I'm worth more than sex, I was getting a little nervous there for a minute. I mean after all you did take advantage of me twice last night"

He covered his mouth as he let go of my hand and pointed at me.

"Woah wait a minute, who took advantage of who Lexa?" he laughed.

I pushed my hair back behind my shoulders as I looked up at him seriously.

"Listen, I was playing it all cool, calm and collected and then someone had to grab my attention and woo me with those eyes and sweet words and bam, you had me melted like a puddle on the floor and took complete advantage of me," I said shrugging my shoulders as I tried to hide my grin that was desperately trying to form on my face.

He shook his head, "oh no no I think you have it all wrong baby girl," he said with a smile as he called me what he did last night.

"I was just trying to take you over to have some nice polite conversation and share a few drinks, but you had to look at me with that seductive look in your eyes," he looked away as he grabbed the cigarette from his ear and sparked it lit.

"I mean if you wanted to have sex with me all you had to do was ask. I obviously wouldn't have turned it down," he said as he looked down at me a small smirk forming on his face.

I playfully slapped him in the arm as I laughed.

"Oh aren't we a cocky little mother fucker, thinking every girl you meet just wants to jump on your dick"

He playfully wiped off his shoulder, something I haven't seen anyone do since I was in high school, his cigarette hanging between his lips causing me to burst into a fit of laughter.

"You are such a dork," I laughed as I felt his arm snake around my waist pulling me in to him as he took a drag of his cigarette.

"But you can't deny your starting to love it," he said as he bent down and put a soft kiss on my lips.

You can't deny it Lexa, but watch yourself.

He pulled away his lips still parted slightly as we both heard someone calling to him.

"Are you Austin?" the guy said through the open window of his black Audi c5.

"That's me," he said as he grabbed my hand and took us over to the uber letting me climb in first.

"Where are we headed?" he asked.

I noticed him looking at Austin curiously before he turned around and looked at him raising his eyebrows.