Chapter 40

Austin's POV

I woke up after getting a decent amount of sleep and grabbed my phone, hoping for a message from Lexa. I felt a feeling of sadness not seeing a message from her. I ran my hands through my hair trying not to jump to conclusions. After all she did say that she needed a few days to think things through, but it also didn't seem like she would stop talking to me.

I got up and grabbed a change of clothes and went and took the hottest shower I could get inside the bus. I stood there for several minutes letting the hot water wash over me. I knew what I had to do, not only for the next few days but for the rest of my life if I wanted to get Lexa back. I quickly finished my shower and got dressed and headed out to the staging area.

I walked in and sat down on the couch scrolling through the pictures in my phone of Lexa and myself. God I missed her so fucking much.

"Hey man, how are you doing?" Smitty asked as he walked in.

"Better I guess" I said locking my phone and putting it into my pocket.

"You talked with her didn't you" he said a smirk on his face.

"I did," I said shaking my head and laughing a little.

"And?"

"She told me that she needs a few days to think about things but that we aren't officially broken up until she thinks about her next move" I said leaning forward putting my head in my hands.

"That's a good thing though isn't it?" Smitty asked standing next to me, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Its the best fucking thing that I heard, but she still isn't here man. I guess I understand her reasoning. We would probably have fucking amazing make up sex and forget about everything that happened and carry on with our lives. Her being gone really makes me realize how much I need her and that I can't fuck up anymore" I said.

"I think you are thinking the right way man, hang in there. I know you can get through this."

"I know I can and I will, I'm more determined than ever to prove to her that I love her and that I'm a one girl kinda guy" I said sitting back.

Both of us turned around at the sound of the door as we both saw Dre walk through.

"Hey uh Posty man, can I talk with you?" Dre asked looking over at Smitty giving him a look that meant he wanted to do this alone.

"I'll see you later man" Smitty said walking through the door.

"What's up?" I asked not really looking at him.

"I want to talk to you about last night" he said walking up to the back of the couch and leaning on it.

"I figured you would, but my thoughts nor my words have changed. Drunk or not drunk I don't want them fucking here Dre" I said standing up and walking to the back of the couch.

"Okay I get it. When we head to the airport today the girls are going back to LA and Alisha is going too. I guess I didn't really know how into Lexa you were, and I never really got to know her either. I just saw Claire and figured she was your type, and I felt like Lexa was pulling you away from fun. But, you were happy and I'm sorry I tried to take that happiness away due to my own selfishness. You are still the same Posty, she just makes you better" he said looking over at me.

"She made me a better person and she wasn't ruining me, if anything I was ruining her. I was just trying to do whatever I could to make her comfortable. If you gave her time she would've came out of her shell and been more comfortable around everyone" I said shoving my hands into my pockets and looking over at him out of the side of my eye.