Chapter 13: Control

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
Control
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

[Jimin & Ariel's apartment]

Late at night, the couple let's out long sighs as soon as they enter their apartment and Jimin kicks the door closed behind him. Ariel literally drags herself to the sofa, only to throw herself at it.

"You know what?" Ariel speaks while she's still laying on the sofa casually and Jimin hums in response.
"I actually respect actors!"

"Well that's not random," Jimin chuckles when he walks towards Ariel and sits himself down on the single sofa.

"They actually do such a great job at acting! Like, it's so tiring for us to keep up with our- actually. You know what? We're actually soooo much better than actors!"

Jimin tilts his head, "We are?"

"Yeah! We've literally been pretending to be a married couple for more than a year now!"

It's the beginning of the week again, a new day and more boring events waiting to occur.

You mumble a few curses underneath you breath when you nearly reach your clinic and you're welcomed with the sunshine of your workplace! A wide smile spreads across your face unnoticeably, just by seeing Hoseok and your mind suddenly feels relaxed despite the fact that the day just barely began and you have so much to do.

"Y/n!"

"Hm?" You chant as you hang your coat before you flash a smile at Hoseok.
The impact this sunshine has...

"We just received a call from a patient cancelling their appointment so I put the newbie-patient on the list since he's been marked as 'Emergency'." Hoseok informs you.

You nod in response before you settle down with your work and Hoseok almost disappears out of your sight because he remembered something so he comes back to lean on your desk a few seconds later.

Concentrating on your laptop this time, you hum if he needs anything, when he replies, "oh I came across this undergraduate student and he's been wanting to work part-time here for working experience, his CV is pretty good!"

"Let me guess, your roommate?" You look up at Hoseok as you say this with a smirk.

"Yeahhh," your receptionist answers, grinning as he touches the back of his neck.

"It's okay Hobi, if it helps him, then I don't have any problems," You smile at the man before you, "Just don't let him come to my office."

"Yes doctor!" And with that said, Hoseok really vanishes out of your sight this time and your countless appointments begin.

"Okay Namjoon, I think you need to talk it out with your friends," You suggest to one of your patients. "The more you hold it in and the longer you wait the harder thing will get."

"I know but... it's just so hard, we haven't even seen each others' faces ever since that fight!" Your patient, Kim Namjoon just seems so frustrated but you don't feel as bad since you're used to these situations.

"Look Namjoon," You approach, "You should try focusing on the small things because you may not be aware but these small things are really what make big differences. Somebody has to make the first move, even if it means you."

The man doesn't reply but stares at the ground while your gaze are fixed at him.
After a little pause,
"Well, Mr Kim that'd be the end of our session for tonight I hope I made a difference in your thinking, I'll see you in our next appointment and think carefully again about our conversation."