Chapter 20: Bruises

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
Bruises
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

Sunlight shines through the glass window of your clinic as you pull the shutters up. The glow of the sun is just like a ghoul's grin, yet earlier gave the shutters a halo of golden rays. This is the new morning, sinner and saint, just like you.

You take a sip of your hot chocolate while looking through your schedule for the day and your emails right after. Just then, there's a knock on your door. Confused at who could it be, you check the time on your clock when the time literally shows on your watch and your laptop. It's too early for your patients to come.

"Hobi, are you knocking for the first time?" You gasp sarcastically until the door opens and to your surprise, it's your special patient.

"T-Taehyung? Taehyung!" You jump and quickly stand up like your boss has arrived. You tuck your hair behind your ears and then blink in realisation to what the heck you're actually doing. Then you quickly sit back down and try to get your paperworks in front of you with your trembling hands, which also to your dismay, slip out of your hands. You rapidly bend down to collect the papers when Taehyung...

"Y/n, I came to check up on you-" you don't even let him finish his sentence when a banging noise is made by your head as you hit it with your desk as you tried to get up.

"Owhh!" You moan in pain while Taehyung quickly runs over to you behind your desk and squats down to be the same level as you.

Rubbing your head in pain, you pout embarrassed. "It hurts."

Taehyung blinks a few times before bursting into chuckles, "Be careful, baby."

"Baby?" Your heart flutters at the call but Taehyung doesn't reply to that. He simply smiles as he picks up the papers for you until both of you get up.

"How are your feet doing?"

"My feet? They walk?" You nervously answer, not knowing how to act after yesterday.

The kiss the kiss the kiss, please talk about the kiss!!

"No as in," Taehyung proceeds to explain himself. "You ran in those oversized shoes, you didn't get any bruises, did you?"

"OH!" You nearly shout. "Yeah I'm okay!" You being extra, show him a thumbs up. "It's a kiss- It's okays."

You know what? He's probably not going to ask about the kiss. He was probably drunk yesterday too. So you ask with a straight face, "Why do you even care whether I have bruises on my feet anyway?"

There we go again. The same old grin smoothly making its way to Taehyung's face. What has he got to say this time?

He steps one huge step forward and hot breath already hitting your face.

"Only I can bruise your body."

˚ ° 𐐒 Flashback 𐐚 ° ˚

Exactly when you started using all your force and pressure into trying to get your hands off the dough, Taehyung purposely lets go of your hands, making a bunch of flour and bits of dough spill onto you.

With your eyes shut and your hands up like you've been surrendered, you freeze to the spot and try to recall every good memories you have before someone dies today. And when you say someone is about to die by your hands, you mean,

Kim Taehyung.

You spin your whole body with your hands attached to your hips before you side-blow your curly strand of hair with swag and go after your target who also dashes directly upstairs.