Chapter 43: Waterfall

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
Waterfall
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

Ariel has never witnessed Jimin look this way, however, you have.

The same man who normally giggles at the littlest things making his eyes almost disappear, now, glares like laughter has long been evaporated from his eyes.

His customary warmth gone faster than summer rain on the tarmac. His face converting completely to a cold, metallic, right after that warm and caring look that he gave when gazing down at Ariel, ever so softly. He didn't even bother to face the cause of this (the strange old lady) because the only name that yelled in his mind was, Ariel.

Her eyes already filled with tears, yet trying her best to not let them out. She looked ever so vulnerable and lonely as she stood there; even with her friends right near her, even with her boyfriend running towards her. Jimin's heart continued to break into pieces observing Ariel helpless and steady. With pearls ready to escape from her glistening eyes any moment, she barely nods at Jimin to signal that she's okay, although Jimin most certainly knows she isn't. And nobody else but only Jimin himself knows how much his heart throbbed in agony as he had witnessed the love of his life, at such a state.

Nonetheless, it does not take the man any longer to shift his emotions from a hurt one to a hardened expression when he turns to the wicked lady who dared to take such an unreasonable action.

Again. You doubt anybody else has seen your best friend angry like this, other than you. Your blood drains and heart hammers erratically as you observe the man's fist clench. The same eyes that usually sparkle with love now sparks like thunder. You're deathly afraid of his eyes for a change.

You want to run to Jimin but it's too late. It is pointless to try to reach him now, he's not going to listen to anyone.

The unknown women remain unbothered as she continues to glare at Ariel like she killed the lady's family. But this glare does not stay strong for too long when Jimin shuffles his posture, ready to take action. Ready to forward himself towards her without any thought of what he's about to do- when a figure slides in between, creating a barrier separating Jimin and the stubborn old lady.

"Jimin," Hoseok calls as he faces Jimin but mentally calming himself down.

"Ariel!" Yoongi calls worriedly as he pushes Rose's arm that was clutched onto him, before going to his sister. Yoongi grabs onto Ari protectively as they stand behind Jimin, who utters...

"Who. The fuck. Do you think you are to raise your hand at her?"

"Alright!" Namjoon cuts in, clapping for attention and chuckling hesitantly, he announces, "Party's over! Sorry about this but we're going to have to ask you all to leave! Hehe."

In less than a millisecond, grumbles and muttering are heard from the leaving guests and you all wait patiently for everyone to leave the ball. Jungkook and Jin try their best to kick the nosy noisy crown out as soon as possible, as well as instructing the other guards to do the same.

You attempt to shift your whole body as it remained paralysed for way too long but once you realize you're able to move just fine now, you can't hold yourself anymore from sprinting your way towards Ari instead.

Once you get to her, you and Yoongi both snuggle her warmly while she looks down at the ground so you don't catch her crying, but little does she know both you and Yoongi also pretend to not spot her cry like this.

On the other hand, Jimin, with his jaw clenched tight, only can fume in anger as he shoots daggers with his unblinking eyes.

He wants to say more. He's starving to yell at why on earth would this women do such a thing to his dear one until the ball becomes empty and you all hear an unexpected call from a different voice.