8.Not Bad, to be a Giver!

Jungkook was not blind to notice Taehyung's action.Tae was avoiding Jungkook as much as he could. Jungkook thought he should not disturb him. It's not tae's mistake to not feel the same way he feels towards Tae. So jungkook also played along with Tae. His friends noticed their weirdness and questioned them. Jungkook told everything to namjoon, "It's good, you didn't push Tae" . All their friends come to know about this but no one dared to ask anything about that.

Within two weeks Tae's birthday was approaching and jungkook was in the dilemma of whether to gift him or not, whether to wish him or not. Jungkook brought a white comfy Sweater for him. Jungkook himself packed the gift, He drew emojis stickers all over the gift cover. It looks like a perfectly hand-covered gift. Jungkook kept the gift at tae's room near his cupboard. (Tae stopped coming to his room long before.)

It was tae's birthday finally. Jungkook called him but tae didn't pick the line. That evening jungkook got a text message from Tae.

Tae
I need to talk to you
(4.45pm)
Regarding the gift
(4.45pm)

Jungkook
I'm at dance practice
Once I come to hostel,will let you know.
(4.56pm)

Jungkook was on excited state, but he doesn't know the exact reason, maybe because tae texted him after two long fucking months, maybe because tae wants to talk to him. He was smiling like an idiot looking at the phone. He can't hear his hyung calling.
"JEON JUNGKOOK" Jimin shouted very loudly.
Jungkook looked at his hyung a little frightened.
"What are you doing jungkook We are calling your name for the past three minutes you are just smiling at your phone"
"Dance master is calling us, Come fast"
"Coming" jungkook walked towards jimin enthusiastically.

------------

Once he reached the hostel, he quickly showered and went to the balcony. He took his phone and message tae that he was waiting at balcony. After 5 minutes tae came to the balcony wearing a white oversized top and sky blue shorts. Jungkook can't take his eyes away from tae. Jungkook's brain screams to ignore and avoid him, his heart tells 'Tae needs love and affection give him that'

"Hi"

"Hey, Hello! Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you" "ummm.. The sweater was really nice"

"I'm glad that you liked it"

"Jungkook I need to tell this, I will get the present only if you give this as a friend" "if you got that present to me, in any other motive, sorry Jungkook, please take it back"

Jungkook was little hurt but he doesn't want to show it in his face. He just smile at tae and said

"No Tae, I gave you the sweater as just a friend"

"That's good! look jungkook the think you feel for me is never going to happen and I don't want to give you false hope"

"Okay" Jungkook replied in small voice.
"Are we going to continue this not talking to each other? Won't talk to me?" Jungkook asked desperately.

"I feel more comfortable this way" Tae said and walk past Jungkook. He doesn't wait for jungkook's reply. He returned to his room.

Jungkook was standing there completely broken, Eyes holding the pain, he was regretting his decision. I shouldn't have told tae about my feelings. At least I would have secured his friendship. What have I done ? Why do I have to ruin me myself?