14. Fake Mask

Tae doesn't want to leave Jungkook's embrace. He is feeling more safe. Jungkook is making him feel more comfortable. He is making him, believe that he will accept him for who he is. "I will always be there for you" it were only mere words Jungkook said. Jungkook doesn't even know how much impact these words left on Tae. "Tae you are getting late" jungkook creased tae's hair. But Tae nuzzled his face in jungkook's chest and hugged him more tightly. Jungkook just chuckled.

That day went really fast. When Tae entered the Dorm, he heard the shower sound. ' Jungkook must be bathing' Tae thought to himself and entered his room. When Tae finished his shower and come out of , the sweet smell of Ramyeon was welcoming him. He entered the kitchen drying his hair. Jungkook was in sweat pant and black over sized top, cooking on the stove. Tae dramatically inhaled "This Smell is stimulating my salivary secretion" said this a deep voice. "I am gladly accepting the compliments" jungkook chuckled not turning, just looking at the cooking Ramyeon. Tae sat on the kitchen counter. He was wearing a white hoodie with a blue shorts. Jungkook turned towards Tae and had a preying eye on tae. It was obvious the jungkook was checking out him. The wet hair, pink lips, small waist and the long tan legs asks jungkook to do something to them. Tae became shy "Is it ready?" He have to bring up a conversation, he can't handle jungkook's intense gaze. "2mins" Jungkook returned his concentration to the Ramyeon. "Tae grab the bowl and chop stick". Tae took that from the cupboard and again sat on the counter. Tae was doing weird sound with the bowl and chopstick and sing for the Ramyeon like a child. They doesn't went for the dining place. Jungkook served for himself and for Tae. Tae was sitting on counter and Jungkook was leaning on the counter near tae. "Ummmmm... It's so yummy" Jungkook just chuckled at Tae's compliment.

"Jungkook, I forgot to say you something"

Jungkook raised his eyebrows asking what.

"Yesterday jimin called me. Me jimin and hobi were on conference. Jimin wants a get together. He invited all 6 of us to his apartment this winter break." "Actually it's not an invitation, he ordered us that we should be there". Tae smiled.

"That would be very fun. Really I miss jimin hobi and Yoongi hyung. I can see jin and joonie hyung in a while. While going back to Korea I just go home, eat, sleep, enjoy and I will return. It's been months I even talked to them. I should make a call" Jungkook said.

"Kookie, we are going to meet them soon. Don't get worried." Tae placed his hands on Jungkook's shoulder.

"You called me what?" Hearing this words from Tae after years,  made his heart skip a beat. 

"Kookie, Wae?(Why?) you are my kookie!? I can call you kookie. Kookie! kOokie! KOOKIE!"

"It's been years you called me that"

"Jungkook I am really sorry, for behaving like that towards you back then." Tae was having his guilt for years. "I really don't know how to react when you told me that"

Jungkook heart starts to beat loud, clear and rapidly. Soon he will be having a panic attack. He was not prepared for this. He never thought of bringing this topic in their conversation even in his dreams.

"And I'm sorry Jungkook, I couldn't let you in my life. I was scared. I don't have rights to make decisions in my life. It's not like my parents are compelling me or ruling me. I know for sure they won't accept me coming out that I have a boyfriend. That too in Korea, you also know this. I doesn't want to risk both of our life." Tae was not ready to tell the full truth. But tae just wants jungkook to know that it was for their good, for their welfare, for both of them not to get troubled.

Jungkook was not expecting Tae to ramble out these things this easily that to not in this casual situation. He was totally left out of words. He doesn't know what to reply, what to say. He just stared back at Tae.

"Kookie" tae turned Jungkook facing towards him and He cupped Jungkook's face "will you be my kookie again? Let's be the friends we were back then?" Tae asked, looking at jungkook.

Jungkook doesn't know what to say back, actually he doesn't know How to say the things running inside his head. He doesn't let his heart speak out.  Million thoughts were going inside him. But he can't let it out. He can't repeat the mistake again. He just nodded. He doesn't utter a single word.

-----------

It's already November. Jungkook was working on his laptop preparing a clinical case presentation. Tae was sitting near him playing on the phone. "When will your work get over?" Tae asked while playing the piano game on his phone without taking his eyes out of the game. They both planned to watch a movie tonight. But suddenly jungkook was asked to do the case presentation tomorrow. "It's almost done. You choose the movie. I will be in 5 min" "Okay" Tae turned on the TV and opened Netflix "How about Tangled"

"I'm fine with it"

"No, we can go for Stuart little"

"Okay"

"No, let's go for Jungle Book"

"Tae! I'm fine with anything you chose" jungkook said while closing the laptop looking at tae.

"Jungle Book. Conformed!" " Let me bring snacks " Tae said and ran to the kitchen

They both were enjoying the movie. " I wish I were Mogli" Tae said with a sad pout while the movie ended. "He was not living in city like us. He doesn't want to put on a fake Mask of being happy for others. Though he got the chance to enter this human world, he refused. He is clever kookie."

"Why did you say that he doesn't want to put a mask on?"

"Because all people here, in this world wear a mask. Me including. Some to cover up their hurt, some to cover up their lies, some to cover up their dark side. No one in this world is ready to accept the person behind the mask. No one is ready to accept the true self of others. This mask covers up with, that they are okay while their inner self screams that they are not. When someone removes their mask, they will be hurted more, criticized more, their trust would be broken again. So, No one is ready to show their bare face without the fake Mask. And I hate that I'm also one of them. "

Jungkook was taken back by Tae's word. Jungkook has gained Tae's trust. He has no idea about it. Tae is sure that his words will be remain inside jungkook only. Also he is sure that jungkook will hear him out. "You are really something else tae. You always keep deep thought and deep words" Tae just chuckled.

-----------------

"Tae! Are you ready?"Jungkook was asking for the 3rd time. He was sitting on the couch looking stunning with his black shirt and black pants the black leather jacket was by his hand, he would wear it once they were out. It was The Annual Party conducted by the hospital Authorities. "Just 2 min" Tae shouted from the room. When Tae's door opened  Jungkook dropped the magazine he was reading. He stood up completely scanning tae from head to tae. "Am I looking Fine?"

 "Am I looking Fine?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys 💜
How are you all?
Thanks for those how are reading and a big thanks for those who are voting
Have a good day/night