10. Embrace the glorious mess that you are

"Here" jungkook extended his phone towards tae. Tae doesn't notice when jungkook enters the hall leaving balcony. Tae looked at jungkook confusedly "Me" he asked in a low voice aware of someone is there on the other line. Jungkook just showed his phone towards Tae and said "he wants to talk to you". Tae took the phone "Hello"

"Taehyung ahh... How are you?"

"NAMJOON HYUNG" told tae voice showing the amusement.
"I'm fine hyung, how are you? Where are you?"

" I'm good tae. Me and Jin  coming to Stanford next week to do some thesis work. We can hang out then, Tae"

"Sure. hyung"

"My break is about to over. I'm hanging up. Bye tae. Say bye to jungkook too"

"Bye hyung"

Tae had a smile on his face. Tae completely forget that Jin and Namjoon were also doing their post graduate studies in America while at Harvard University.

One half of tae is very happy after speaking to namjoon and the other half is more than happy that jungkook just smiled because of a call from Namjoon hyung. Jungkook cleared his throat, when Tae looked jungkook, jungkook was extending his hand asking for his phone. Tae sheepishly smiled and returned his phone. " Hyung, said we will be hanging out next week, will you come with us?"

Jungkook look at tae with the look of 'excuse me' "while hyung comes to our university for his work he and Jin hyung will always take me out"

" Ohhhhh...... I don't see you hanging with people, anyone here. So I thought you turned into someone of such a person."

"Here!?" Jungkook looked at Tae straight into his eyes. "Because I am not interested in that and very well I came here for studies not to date anyone" jungkook said and lay down on the couch. Tae's inner self was happy. He is nowhere in mood to research the reason for his happiness.

----------

Tae was in his casualty attending patients. He got the breaking news 'BREAKING NEWS' THERE WAS A BOMB BLAST AT SAN FRANCISCO. Tae was stunned for a minute. It only took a 30 to 40 minutes drive for San Francisco from here. But that's not he is worried of. This morning while Tae was getting ready, he heard jungkook saying "the samples I will come and collect them myself" " Ohh, the clinical shop at San Francisco,right" " I will get that" . He took his phone and dialled jungkook. The line was not getting connected. Tae doesn't have any idea what to do. He was continuously trying for jungkook. Yet the line was not on reach.
'ALL POST GRADUATES AND FIRST YEAR SUPER SPECIALITY RESIDENTS TO EMERGENCY WARD' The announcement was heard, but Tae was nowhere in the mentality to treat patients. But he composed himself, he can do it. 'what if some thing happened to jungkook' ' what if he is admitted in the emergency ward' Tae mind was forming all this bad thoughts. His heart was beating wild. He Immediately flew to the emergency department. He looked for Jungkook, but he was not there. He treated the patient with his last brain cell, before he faint or lose his shit.

Within 15 mins his shift was going to be over. He told one of his  colleagues to take over for him and left the emergency department. He straight away went to the cardiology department and searched for jungkook, all in vain he was not there. He asked some of the doctors there, about jungkook. " Jk came to department this morning, he left to collect some samples"

"Did he said where he was going?"

"No, sir"

It was past 8pm, Tae went back to the dorm. He doesn't know what to do. He was crying mess now. He dialed jungkook number again. The same, line didn't connected. Tae sat on The floor against the wall, folding his knees, towards his face. 'Tae ,go to the spot, may be' he don't want to even imagine something bad happened to jungkook. He quickly get up and wiped the tear from his face and went to his room to grab the car keys. While he was about to exit his room he heard the sound of front door knob rotating. When the door opened that stand jungkook, wearing a white shirt tucked in and and black pant. Tae doesn't even let jungkook enter the hall, he ran towards him as if he is the only source of living. He hugged him like there is no tomorrow. Jungkook feels this warmth years after. Tae was sobbing on Jungkook's neck. Jungkook know why Tae was crying. He guessed, he would also have heard the Flash news.

Jungkook slowly brought his hands towards Tae's back and gently rubbed him. "It's okay Tae, I'm here"Tae hugged him more tightly. Jungkook said some sweet words and rubbed imaginary circle on tae's back. Tae sniffed and slowly released the hug but not let go of Jungkook. They kept standing so close. Jungkook's hands were on Tae's waist and Tae's hand was placed on Jungkook's shoulder and chest.

"I'm so scared jungkook" Tae said while tears running down his cheek. Jungkook slowly whipped the tear away from tae's face "Tae look here, I'm here. Don't worry" jungkook said cupping Tae's face looking straight into his eyes. "Where did you go? why didn't you pick my call? Why the lines were not even connected!?"

"I went to hilly a area for a follow-up of a patient, Tae" " so that the line may not be get connected, I guess and soon my phone died." " Thank God! I was about to go to San Francisco after that. But when I was at the hill station I heard the news and on my way back. It was too traffic and I was jammed so I was late" jungkook said, holding tae's waist and one hand cupping Tae's face.

But wait! When did they turned this way. They are not supposed to be this closed, right? They are not supposed to be hugged, right? They are not supposed to hold each other, right? In the depth of Jungkook's dark orbit Tae once again lost in. They are looking at each other so fondly. These five years they missed each other. These past years they missed this warmth, this care, this affection.

Jungkook slowly tucked the small strand of hair behind Tae's ears. Taehyung slowly closed his eyes, leaning on his touch. "Tae, it is getting late you should go to bed." Jungkook said softly, Tae just nodded. They both slowly retracted themselves. Immediately missing the warmth. They both slept with a smile on their face.

-------------

It was Orientation Surgeon Talk event. Taehyung was the last speaker. The speakers were all sat on the first row. Taehyung kept on turning back to look if jungkook came or not. But he doesn't find jungkook till now. Soon, The first speaker came to the stage and started his presentation. The last hope in Taehyung was lost. 'why he didn't come, yet?' 'its not like he told you he will come for sure, he just said he would try. Don't get your hopes high Tae.' *'sad pout'* 'And by the way why would you care' .Tae can't handle the battle between his heart and mind. He just sat there with a sad pout.

Bold italic - Mind
Italic (alone)-Heart

------

Author's note

Hi buddies💜

Hope you all are fine

Thanks for those who are reading this book.

Have a good day/ night