(13) Somebody's In A Bad Mood!

Chapter 13

I don’t think I’d ever tried on as much clothes in my life. Outfit after outfit I went through. There was so much clothes scattered around me in the dressing room as I neared the end of the things I brought in with me. I had left the best for last. The panda shirt.

I smiled widely at myself in the mirror as I smoothed out the shirt. It was a light brown poncho-ish type shirt in thin sweater material. Its open and airy sleeves reached to my elbows, and it had a swath of the material that loosely established my neckline. It showed a little of my collarbone, but it didn’t expose my breast at all, which I liked a lot. And right smack in the middle was a panda in black and white, bedazzled with silver gems. And not only that, I love the way it fit so well with my features. My puppy-dog-brown eyes were the perfect shade that it didn’t just blend with the brownish shirt. The shirt brought attention to my eyes, as well as my dark brown thick, straight hair.

Satisfied with how I looked, I bounded outside to show Anira who was waiting for me, like she had been waiting for me to show her each of the outfits I tried on.

I twirled around a couple of times in front of her to show her the shirt from all views.

“Nice! It looks beautiful on you.” She complimented. “You should try it on with the black skinny jeans.” She suggested with a warm smile.

“Okay.” I said. I was feeling excited now. Even though it was exhausting getting in and out of clothes for what seemed like hours, it was fun to show off the outfits for Anira, and try on clothes that I would have never tried on before.

When I came back out with the, Anira was gone. Hm ... maybe she went to go get something. I sat down in the chair she had been sitting in to wait for her to come back so I could show her before I changed.

Five minutes later, I heard someone come in. I stood up quickly, thinking it was Anira, but it was Daniel. He stopped suddenly and stared at me from head to toe.

The wide, excited smile that was on my face melted a little. “Oh, it’s you.”

“So? Got a problem with that?” He said, clearly offended.

“Ah! No, I just thought it was Anira...” I said, looking down at my sock-clad feet.

“Oh, she’s probably busy working with a customer.” He explained.

“She works here?” I asked.

“Of course she does!” Daniel said.

“Hey, you didn’t tell me that-”

“Just shut up and sit down.” He said roughly, pushing me back until I tumbled into the chair behind me.

“Hey, what are you-” I yelled, but he ignored me, grabbing my foot and shoving a shoe onto it. “What is this-”

“Is it uncomfortable?” Daniel asked.

With wide eyes, I shook my head. The shoe he’d shoved on my foot was all black with a small heel, but it was cute. There were small white rose designs on the sides that snaked to the back of the heel. They were simple enough, and comfortable to walk in too.

“Good.” He solemnly proclaimed, as he took it off and replaced it with another shoe. This one though, was a high heel. About two inches tall.

“Oh, no, I’m not used to heels.” I said. “I don’t like wearing them because I always trip-”

“Then I guess you’ll have to hold onto me tighter then.” He stated shortly and my heart thumped a little. Even if he said it roughly, I still felt a little winded by his blunt way of stating it. But as if he hadn’ said something like that, he had his head bent over my foot and moved it from side to side to see if he liked how it looked. “Are they too small or too big?”

“They’re too big,” I truthfully told him, still feeling slightly breathless.

Daniel nodded and took it off my foot, and then he disappeared from my sight.

A couple minutes after he left, Anira came back in. “Sorry. I had to help out in the front for a couple minutes. Oh! It looks good! All you need is some boots, and that would look fabulous!”

I smiled, feeling tired after the few minutes I had been off my feet. “Thanks,” I whispered, “I have a question ... about Daniel.”

Anira raised her eyebrows. “Hm?”

“Has he always been ... capricious?” I questioned. “I mean, you know...” I trailed off, unable to finish my sentence.

Anira smiled. “Actually, it all happened when he started going out with all those girls. He used to always smile and was a real kind guy ... but after he became popular and started getting girlfriends, he just ... every time I saw him, he just seemed to get more and more ... emotionless, I guess you could say. His feelings stopped being so apparent. He hid behind a poker face that I couldn’t look past,” she frowned as she thought back on it.

I looked down at my feet again, thinking about how hard it was, seeing someone slowly fading away. I remembered how it was with my grandma before she died. She slowly became a slight shadow of how she used to be. It was heart-wrenching.

“But! Maybe he’ll start opening up more!” I glanced up and realized her eyes were shining hope as they looked down at me.

It was so hard to keep my smile on my face as I looked at her. I felt so horrible. She thought I was actually the right person for Daniel. “Were you like this with all the other girls he brought to you?”

“He never really did, except the first girlfriend. That girl didn’t like me much, so I didn’t really get to actually talk to her.”

“What? She didn’t like you? But you’re so nice!” I blurted.

Anira’s beautiful hazel eyes widened before they softened and she smiled. “I suppose she thought I was a threat to her relationship with Daniel. Back then. Daniel was always around me.”

From outside the dressing rooms, we both heard Daniel’s voice. “Are you guys done? It’s nearly five-thirty.”

My eyes widened. “What!?” I exclaimed. “My dad’s gonna kill me!” I rushed into the dressing room to change back into my clothes.

“Desiree?” Anira called out.

“Yes?”

“I get off in thirty minutes, would you like me to give you a ride?” She asked hesitantly.

Finished putting on my miniskirt, I opened the stall door with the widest smile I had. “That would be awesome!”

Anira laughed. “Okay. Let’s get the outfits we decided on altogether so we can purchase them. I’ll be at the register waiting for you.”