(25) Finally! I Remembered!

Chapter 25

Wanna know how English turned out? It was worse than it had been with Mr. Poleaux. I got scolded three different times by Mrs. Carry. She was one who interacted more with her students, so she asked a lot of questions ... and well, let’s say trying to remember to tell Daniel and telling Mrs. Carry the answers kept getting mixed up.

I think one of my answers was, “Friday at seven.”

Yeah, it didn’t bode well for my well-being.

She even kept me a couple of minutes afterward. “Desiree, you’re one of my best students. What’s going on?”

It was very embarrassing.

But I rushed out to see Daniel walking away. He probably thought I had left him again.

“Daniel!” I yelled. He turned, and what was worry on his face, turned to a smile.

“I thought you had left me again.” He confessed as I caught up with him.

“No. Mrs. Carry kept me a couple minutes after class.”I said. I noticed as I stuffed my hands in my sweater pockets that Daniel was matching his long-legged strides with my shorter ones. It made me smile.

“What for?” He questioned.

“Well ... I was kinda zoned out. Uh,” I said, turning to look up at Daniel, “Can you talk to Sharon for me?”

“What for?” He asked again.

“She’s trying to set up a double date with us. I tried to tell her, but she was too excited that I guess she couldn’t hear me.” It was a relief to finally be able to tell him, since it was the reason why I had been zoning out for nearly the entire day.

“What do you want me to tell her?” Daniel inquired with a raised eyebrow.

“Tell her we can’t of course. I mean. It wouldn’t be the best idea for us if we want to keep this whole thing-” Suddenly, Daniel’s hand covered my mouth suddenly and I swear I’d never seen his eyes narrow so intensely on me.

“Are you crazy? You will expose us if you keep talking about private matters out loud so that everyone at school can hear you!” He whispered. “Understand?”

I looked up at him with wide eyes before I nodded. He dropped his hand stood straight.

Just then, the warning bell rang. “We’ll talk about that matter later,” he said in a low voice, “But right now, let’s hurry up and get to class.” He said, taking my hand with ease as he started to lightly run, pulling me behind him.

I don’t know why I started thinking about it, but I started to wonder how Daniel could take my hand so easily ... but not just that was on my mind. How could he so easily act like I was his girlfriend? I mean, it was awkward enough for me to even have my hand held so firmly in his large grip. But for him, he could joke around and laugh freely. I wish I could be just as free...

Really. He made me jealous over such a matter.