(52) Solving the Locker Incident - Part 1

Did some of you already read this chapter? I know I updated yesterday, but I think Wattpad erased the two updates! I thought the wattpad upgrades were done! :( quadruple update today. 

Chapter 52

I expected Daniel to be there waiting for me outside of the band room the next day. He wasn’t. I wandered over to the gym, but I didn’t see him. I almost walked back out, but I heard my name.

I turned to see Tom jogging my way. “Are you looking for Daniel?”

“No, I was just passing by-”

“He’s not here today. Something about business I think.” Tom said without listening. He looked down at me and then he wrapped an arm around my nexk,“If you want, I’ll pass a message on to dear old Daniel Slater for you!” He volunteered, whipping out his phone.

I shook my head earnestly, backing out of his arm's reach. “No! It’s okay. We’re ... not seeing ... seeing each other.” I mumbled.

“What?!” Tom said abruptly. “When did this happen?”

I took a couple steps back from Tom, feeling that overwhelming weight settle over my heart. I couldn’t manage to have a calm conversation about this right now. I turned and ran away.

I found myself behind the bleachers in no time.

But I couldn’t sit down. My eyes were fastened on the place I had sat the last time I was here.

“Are you just going to pity yourself and cry through the whole day?” I could hear Daniel’s voice exactly the way he said it. I could remember the way he wrapped his arms around me, the feel of his strong chest against my face as I cried my heart out.

I really wanted to breakdown right now, but I had the feeling that he wouldn’t come and offer his shoulder this time around.

“Are you just going to pity yourself and cry through the whole day?” I squared my shoulders. Of course I wouldn’t. as much as I wanted to disappear, I was still alive.

Plus, Daniel would be loads better off without me. I nodded in confidence. I had to make my own life. If I kept depending on those around me to make my life, then it wouldn’t be mine.

With my head held high, I made my way to the band room. the bell rang just as I reached it, but as soon as I entered, Sharon got a hold of my arm. “I found out who did that to their locker. I’ve already told Mr. H. He’s talking with them now.

I looked to the teacher’s office and saw ... the evil trio. They were in a heated argument with Mr. H. Caleb was standing to one side with his arms crossed as he glared at the girls.

Mr. H’s eyes found me, and he opened the door and called me over. “And Sharon, you too.” I looked back to see Sharon’s eyes widened.

When both of us were in the office with the door closed.

“So these three, Whitney, Candy and Rose have admitted to the vandalism of your locker, Desiree. Their reason being because of your boyfriend.” Mr. H. rolled his eyes.

“How dare you guys do that to my best friend?!” Sharon yelled.

Whitney glared at her. “You were the one who said it was alright! You even helped us, you witch!” Whitney said.

“What are you talking about?” Sharon crossed her arms.

“You suggested we mess up her locker!” Candy yelled at Sharon.

“Why would I do that to my best friend? What motive would I have?”

“You said it would be easy to break her!” Rose yelled.

“What proof do you have?! Desiree’s my friend! I wouldn’t do anything like that!” Sharon yelled with a fist raised towards the girls.

I felt bad that they were accusing sharon. Why? They already picked on me, now they wanted to take my friend down too? “Shut up!” I yelled.

The four of them looked at me.

“Sharon wouldn’t do that.” I said.

Whitney’s eyes widened. Then she let out a short, ‘ha!’  as she folded her arms and shifted her weight to one of her stiletto feet. “You’re totally naive, you stupid girl-”

“Enough!” Mr. H. yelled. “You three,” he pointed to Whitney, Candy and Rose, “You’ll be reporting to the principal’s office. Desiree, you and Sharon-”

“Mr H.,” Caleb finally spoke up. “Can I say something?”

Mr. H. looked over at him. “What is it?”

Caleb sighed, looking completely saddened as he looked at me. His eyes were apologizing to me as he pulled something small out of his pocket. “This magnet is the one found in Desiree’s locker. Previous to the locker incident, Desiree didn’t have any magnets.”

Mr. H rose an eyebrow. “Okay ... continue.”

“There’s only one person in the entire band that uses these magnets.” Caleb admitted. His eyes moved from me to the girl standing next to me. “That’s Sharon.”