(51) Do You Still...?

Okay, I'm gonna be evil again! One chapter update today! :P Originally, this was supposed to be two different chapters, so now, there ya go. Two in one. ;)

Chapter 51

We came out of the theatre laughing. “That was hilarious!” I said, holding my stomach as Daniel mimicked the main guy character.

I happened to glance up at the billboard that was across the street, and my eyes widened. “The fair! It’s next month!” I squealed.

Daniel regarded the sign and then looked at me. “Do you want to go?”

“Of course!” I said. “Oh! Maybe we can see if Sharon can go!” I suggested.

Daniel’s eyebrows rode low over his eyes, but he sighed after a couple of moments of staring at me. “Okay, we can go with her.”

I smiled. “It’ll be fun. Just us four.” I started walking to the car. I looked back to see Daniel still standing the same place. “Aren't you coming?” When he only stared at me, I asked, “what’s wrong?”

He gazed at me a couple more seconds before he inhaled. “Desiree ... do you still...” He looked to be struggling to say what he wanted to say. “Do you still have ... feelings for Robin?”

My smile slipped off of my face as I looked at Daniel. I thought about Robin’s face, but unlike usual, I didn’t get that tightening in my chest. “Of-of course I do.”

Daniel observed me with his piercing eyes as though he didn’t believe what I said.

“Why-why are you looking at me. We should head ho-” I turned around and bumped into two guys in tuxedos and dark shades covering their eyes. “Whoa ... s-sorry.” I said, trying to back up, but they held on, one on each of my arms. “Wh-what are you doing?” I asked. My heart raced in sudden fear.

“If you know what’s good for you, then I suggest you take your hands off of my girlfriend.”

They let go right away, but instead of leaving, they turned to Daniel and bowed. “Your mother has requested that we escort you to the office.”

Daniel glared at the two of them. “I’ll go when I damn well feel like it.” He sneered. He grabbed my hand and walked past them.

The two men-in-black-looking guys looked at each other and then started following us. “Ah ... Daniel,” I whispered, “they’re following us.”

Daniel glanced back and growled. “What do you think you’re doing?” He demanded from them.

“We were ordered to follow you until you came.” One of them said.

Daniel slowly came to a stop, what started as a growl turned into a roar as he swiveled towards me. “Desiree...” He trailed off and hissed in annoyance. “Listen, they’ve been following me for the past three days...” He turned away in anger and threw his keys at one of them. They caught it deftly with one hand. “You’re dead if anything happens to her.” He warned and stalked off with the other man in black.

I frowned as I turned and followed the tuxedo-wearing guy to Daniel’s car.

“Miss Walters, is it?” The tuxedo guy asked once we were driving back to my house.

I nodded.

“Please break up with Daniel.” He bluntly said.

I inhaled sharply and looked at the guy behind the wheel with large, round eyes. “Huh?” I asked breathlessly.

“The Mistress is quite stressed enough as it is. Daniel’s antics and kid-ish ways are making it harder for her.” The guy was nearly like a robot. His face didn’t change one bit as he was telling me these words that were like weights being dropped on me. “The more he plays around with girls, the more he ruins the reputation his mother has spent so long making.”