(53) Solving the Locker Incident - Part 2

Chapter 53

All eyes went to Sharon whose baby blues were wide in shock ... or was it shock? I couldn’t tell the difference between “shock” and “caught”.

“Wha ... are you implying that I did this to my best friend?” Sharon said in a near whisper.

“It’s not implying if there’s evidence!” Whitney sneered.

“Hey, no one was talking to you! Who would listen to someone who vandalizes lockers?!” Sharon sneered back.

Caleb sighed. “Sharon. You were caught. Please admit it-”

“I was not caught! There’s plenty of others outside the band who have the same magnets!” Sharon yelled at Caleb.

“Sharon...” I whispered.

The sneer was still on Sharon’s face as she turned my way, but once she looked at me, her face changed to disbelief. “You believe them too? Over the girl who’s been with you and protecting you since kindergarten?”

“I didn’t ... Sharon-”

“Make up your mind, you coward!” She angrily yelled.

I took a horrified step back.

“Sharon that’s enough-”

“No, it’s not enough! This coward is so ungrateful for all that I’ve done for her-”

“Shut your mouth!” Caleb yelled. “All you’ve done is put her in misery, you sick bi-”

I gasped, knowing exactly what he was going to call her. I rushed over and pushed my small hands over his mouth out of pure reflex.

Both Caleb and I shared a look of shock. Then against my hand, felt the slightest pucker. Did he just...?

But he was reaching up and gently removing my hands from his mouth. “Sorry.” He kindly said, still holding onto my hands.

I turned to see that Sharon wasn’t in the room anymore. Mr. H. wasn’t either. He probably had run after Sharon.

Whitney stood there with her sidekicks, a look of disgust was on their faces. “Are you cheating on Daniel? You really are something-”

“I’m not going out with him anymore.” I said suddenly. I was surprised how loud my voice had become.

The room became suddenly quiet. From Caleb, I felt his hands slightly tighten around mine, and from the trio, looks of pure shock.

And then with a huff, they pranced past me with their noses stuffed in the air.

Suddenly, I felt large arms circle my shoulders. I gasped. For a moment, I almost thought it was Daniel.

But Daniel wasn’t the one standing behind me. “I’m sorry I had to do that. I know how much Sharon’s friendship means to you.”

I nodded, but I was too busy trying to hold myself together. The tears were so close to the surface.

Because I really wanted the arms around me right now to be Daniel’s.

Awwwww. :( Poor Dez.