(18) Yes! Panda Outfit It Is!

Chapter 18

I was able to close the closet door as soon as Daddy made it to my room. “Hey,” I said, smiling at him, even as my back rested heavily on the closet door, making sure Daniel didn’t open the door.

Daddy looked at me with narrowed eyes, but after a few seconds, he said, “I forgot to tell you I’d be home late today, so I was wondering if you’d be willing to cook. Maybe invite a few friends over.” He hinted. He wanted to meet Anira.

I nodded quickly, trying to do anything to get Daddy out.

“Alright. I’ll leave twenty dollars on the table for groceries if you need any.” He said and walked out. I breathed out and turned to open the closet door, but as soon as my hand was on the door, Daddy popped his head back in. “By the way, have you seen my phone? I couldn’t find it.”

I jumped and turned to Daddy. “Did you check your nightstand?” I questioned, walking away from the closet door, hoping Daniel stayed put for a couple minutes longer as I lead Daddy to his room and found his phone for him. Then I escorted Dad to the door.

But he spotted something on the way through the living room. “Who’s jacket is that?”

My eyes widened as I looked over to where Daniel’s jacket rested on one of Daddy’s red couches. “Oh. Th-That’s uhh ... I b-bought that yesterday!” I lied quickly.

“But isn’t this a guy’s jacket?” He went and picked it up, examining it.

“Oh, the uhh ... store I went to didn’t have any good girl’s jackets so I got a guy’s one. It’s pretty warm!” I explained and grabbed it from daddy and wrapped it around my shoulders. Suddenly, Daniel’s smell invaded my nostrils and I felt myself slightly blush.

Daddy looked really suspicious, but then he sighed and said, “You should have just went to another store then. That one’s way too big.”

“I-I was going to return it.” I rushed to assure.

And then Daddy was out the door. I sagged in relief and then rushed to my room where Daniel was just walking out of my closet. “Don’t ever put me into another closet again.” He growled with a livid glare.

“That’s why I told you not to come here.” I muttered under my breath.

“What did you say?” He looked at me. I swear he had the ears of a hawk!

“N-nothing! You’re stepping on my new boots!” I said, more to distract Daniel.

He looked down and lifted his foot. Then bent down to pick it up. “Where did these come from? I didn’t buy these.”

“Anira-” At her name, Daniel’s face went completely blank. “-gave them to me.”

“So this is what she got?” He examined them.

“Th-that’s why I was going to wear my new panda shirt with some black skinny jeans,” I stated.

Daniel sighed. “Fine, wear your stupid panda outfit,” He grumbled.

Suddenly, he pulled me into his arms and I gasped and tried to move away, feeling the heat suffuse my face, but he held me tighter. “Hold still.” Then I felt his fingers grab my ear, and I squeaked. “Good. You have your ears pierced.”

He let go, and I pouted. “You could have just asked me.”

He totally ignored me as he pulled out two small velvet black boxes from his pocket. He debated between the two before throwing me one. “I guess this would look fine with your pandas.” I made a face at him as he looked down at the bags next to my feet and hid it quickly when he looked up at me. “Hurry up and get ready.” And then he closed the door behind him.

“Jerk.” I spoke lowly.

“I heard that!” Daniel’s voice came through my door.

Wide-eyed, I walked to my door and locked it.

All I heard the from the other side was a chuckle.