(19) Gonna Be Late

Chapter 19

I grumbled as I walked down the hallway. The earrings that Daniel gave me were silver dangly earrings. I didn’t like them much because they were heavy. With every move of my head, I could feeling them swinging away.

But I couldn’t help but realize they did in fact, look great with my panda outfit.

Daniel was sitting in the living room, arms spread across the back, one foot on the other knee. When I came in grumbling with my backpack in hand, he stood slowly, although he stayed quiet. I was surprised that he didn’t start complaining about how I was always mumbling and grumbling.

I looked up from where I was rummaging through my backpack up to his face. He was just standing there, hands in pockets, staring at me with a black face. “What?’ I said, feeling annoyed for no reason.

“It’s surprising how well that outfit looks on you...especially since you’re a shorty,” He commented.

My eyes widened before scowled. “Shut up.”

Daniel just chuckled to himself and started walking to the door. “Are you ready to go?”

“No. I haven’t eaten yet.” I said and started walking to the kitchen, but Daniel pulled on my wrist.

“We can eat when we get to school,” He said as he walked towards the door, taking me in tow.

“But I always eat-”

“And we’ve already wasted enough time. Look, the bus is going to be here soon.” He pointed at the small clock perched above our fireplace. I was horrified to see the small hand on the seven and the big hand pointing to the one, signifying that it was seven-oh-five.

“Wh-why didn’t you tell me it was this late! The bus gets to the bus stop in five minutes!” I screeched, running back to my room for a sweater. I was glad I did, because I realized all my homework I stayed up doing was on my desk. Oh my gosh, I was turning into an airhead!

I ran back with all my papers and books in my hands. I stuffed them in my backpack as Daniel stared on with a raised eyebrow in disapproval and his arms crossed. “Are you always like this?”

“No!” I yelled. “I usually don’t have so much activity so early in the morning. I normally have a perfectly good routine. It’s your fault I’m running late.”

Daniel rolled his eyes.  “Yeah, blame it all on me because you don’t know how to function out of your daily routine.”

I growled in annoyance as I slung my backpack on my shoulder. “You ready? Come on.” I didn’t even wait for him to finish before I ran out the door.