(63) Take Me Out To The Ballgame!

I added a lot yesterday to this chapter, simply because I felt like she gave in too easily. So...tell me if it still seems like she did! Thanks a billion to every person who comments and says "it was good" or "she gave in too easily". And it has to be honestly!

Chapter 63

“You’ll still be going to the game with me on Saturday?” Caleb had asked after I had calmed down and he handed me my homework.

I had said yes.

So here I was was, dressed in my panda sweater and some comfy jeans, waiting for Caleb to pick me up. As I played with the edges of sleeves, I realized it seemed like forever ago that I had worn it, but it had only been a week.

It seemed a lifetime happened within a span of seven short days.

I hadn’t seen Daniel since three days ago when he came to my door and I had broke down. To think Caleb had seen me like that.

Within those three days, Daddy hadn’t been laid off, so I was completely grateful for that. Daddy even got a promotion!

Sharon got expelled for seven days for what she did, so I hadn’t seen her since the whole fiasco went down before.

I heard the horn honk and I ran out to see Caleb driving up in a small little car. I climbed in and he took off.

“You ready?” He asked.

I nodded with a smile.

“Are you ... okay?” He questioned.

“Of course. Just like all the other times you asked me.” I answered.

He chuckled. “I just want to make sure.”

I laughed. “Caleb, you’re like the brother I never had!” I saw something glint in his eye, but then it was gone as he smiled widely.

“Right. I’ll always be there to protect you and beat up anyone who messes with you. Okay?”

“Mh-hm.” I said with a resolute nod of my head.

We reached the stadium not long after. As we reached the gate, Caleb patted his pockets. “Uh oh. Think I forgot my ticket in the car. Go in ahead of me.” He said and ran off.

I watched him run off and sighed. After handing the ticket to the ticket taker, I went in. “G-29” Was my seat.

Once I found it, I was about to sit down, but my eyes strayed to my right and I squealed and jumped away. “What are you doing here?!” I screeched.

“Please don’t leave!” Daniel yelled, holding on to my wrist. His pleading face turned up to me. A shiver went through me as I saw his face clearly. His curly hair was horrible, his eyes drooped and dark shadows haunted his face.

“Wha-what do you want?” I asked cautiously.

“Just hear me out.” He pleaded.

I stared at his face for a while. I wanted to believe the sincerity I saw there. I wanted to believe that his face was so ghastly because he couldn’t sleep due to the thoughts that haunted his mind. I wanted to believe in him. “Okay.” I said. I sat down in my seat and looked down at my hands. I must have been out of my mind...

He cleared his throat and straightened his posture in his seat. “How-How have you been?” He asked.

“Fine.” I said.

“That’s-that’s good to hear.” He muttered. It seemed he was buying time. “Dez...back in my room. What you saw, that wasn’t what you think. Sharon..I don’t know how she got to my place, nor do I know how she got in, but when I got out the shower, she was right there with her shirt off already! I didn’t touch her.”