15 Birthday (3)

Kiran Lin

Paano ko ba pababalikin ang babaeng ito? She's still thinking about the kikiam incident and now she won't talk to me.

"I thought kikiam lang ang bibilhin mo?" tanong ko. She pouted and kinagat ang isaw. "Isaw lang naman eh." Now where did it all go wrong?

"Yivie." tawag ko nang tumayo siya at bumalik sa dinaanan namin. Hindi niya ako pinansin nang tawagin ko siya ulit.

And now she's back at the park, reading her book like nothing happened but she still won't talk to me.

I stood in front of her while she's there, comfortably reading on the bench. And I'm here feeling so frustrated dahil hindi ko alam ang gagawin.

This is my last card.

"Yivie nag text si Iza, galit na siya. Hinahanap niya na talaga tayo." I looked at her reaction and it remained still but she closed the book at naglakad pabalik sa cafe. I sighed in relief and texted Iza.

I just followed her from behind dahil ramdam ko parin ang pagtatampo niya.
Pinabayaan ko lang siya hanggang sa malapit na kami sa cafe.

I catched her pace, but made sure that I'm still behind her. I drew the distance so that she could hear me. "I'll buy you streetfoods." she halted.

I peeked at her face when she didn't face me. Nakatungo lang siya at hindi nagsalita. Akala ko ay may sasabihin siya ngunit muli siyang naglakad at pumasok sa cafe.

I heard the customers jam to the birthday song played with the band. They were standing infront of their tables while holding a book which I think that is her newly released book.

I looked at her reaction and she's now crying. Iza, Dyen, Kyer, and Mikaela all looked worried when they saw her cry but they were relieved when she smiled.

Iza guided her to the mini stage na para sa banda and she spoke with the mic.

"Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it. To my friends, the baristas and staffs, the customers and band, I thank you all. You made my 21st birthday extremely special!" everyone gave her an applause and when she was about to go down the mini stage, she went back to the mic and added," Oh, and please read my book!" and she dashed off.

Everyone had smiles on their faces when they continued doing what they were doing. After Yivie left the stage, her friends guided her to the main surprise- located at a different and secluded area of the cafe.

It was a simple corner before but now, they turned it into a reading corner. They placed a comfortable mat, a mini bookshelf, and a mini pillow. It had some cute decorations too- way too cute for me. But it looks like she liked it.

I was behind her friends when she looked around as if looking for someone- and her teary eyes locked with mine.

"You better buy me some streetfoods later." and after that, the tears she was holding finally dripped down her face as she smiled.