41 Finally

Kiran Lin

After the talk, hindi na matahimik ang utak ko at mas nadagdagan lang ang mga tanong ko.

Do I really like her?

Am I scared of seeing her with Mike?

or am I just bothered by the fact that she's with Mike?

I went outside the house to have some fresh air. I found myself sitting on the bench at the park. Nakatunganga lang ako sa kawalan at nag-iisip ng sagot sa mga katanungan ko sa sarili.

I was busy thinking when I saw a familiar face at a certain area in the park. It was Yivie and she's with someone. I couldn't see them clearly dahil dumidilim na ang paligid.

I went closer to see her accompany but I came to a full stop when I saw Mike.

Am I too late?

Yivette Kessler

Mike invited me at the park to talk. Hindi ako sigurado kung ano ang pag-uusapan namin but I'm hoping that It's not about us. We broke up long ago and I think he's dating someone right now.

"Mike. Bakit mo ako pinapunta rito?" I asked and looked around. Nasa sentro kami ng park where you can see the different paths with trees aligned.

"I just wanted to tell you about what I told Kiran. I know you saw us." aniya. I know he knew. Our eyes locked when I entered the cafe but he immidiately looked away. He only does that if he's doing something that I won't like. Dahil doon, hindi ako makapag trabaho ng maayos kanina, idagdag pa ang sagot ni Kiran nang tanungin ko siya. He said he'll tell me, when everything's clear.

Lalo lang akong nalito dahil doon.

"Yes. Please tell me." I told him. Nagsimula siyang magpaliwanag tungkol sa kung ano ang sinabi niya at kung bakit niya iyon sinabi.

"Geez, how did you know?" I asked matapos ang napakahaba niyang pagpapaliwanag. He told me that he just pushed Kiran a little bit para mag first move siya. He knew I like Kiran.

"Yivie. You dated me because you thought I was him." Now that's a shock. Paano niya iyon nalaman? But putting that aside, I really did like Mike because he is Mike. Besides, he was the sweetest. Past tense.

"No, I really loved you back then. Even when I realized that you're not him." I clenched my hands and explained the whole thing to him.

"Mike. It's true, I approached you at first because I thought you were the guy I was looking for. I thought you were the guy that saved me years ago when I was at death's front door. But I realized you waren't. Pero totoo ang naramdaman ko sayo noon. At totoo ang dahilan ko kung bakit ko napagdesisyunang hiwalayan ka. And that's because I know you will leave me someday." No tears. Pure pain. But the pain wasn't that deep enough to make me cry. I've had it worse than this.

"I know. I felt it. What I'm saying is that Kiran likes you." hindi niya pinansin ang sinabi ko at tinuro ang kung sino man sa likod ko. My heart suddenly raced when I realized what he said and turned to look who he was pointing.

"Kiran." I unconsciously said when he walked near me. "I heard enough. And don't tell me who I like. Wala ka na doon." I heared him say to Mike and grabbed my hand.

Hindi ko alam kung saan niya ako dinala dahil mukhang nakalabas na kami sa park. He stopped while I was looking around. "What Mike said isn't true. I like you, as a friend. Don't worry." aniya.

I looked at him in the eye and noticed how he looked away.

"No you dont." I said habang nakatungo. "I like you."

Inangat ko ang tingin sa kaniya and felt my heart go crazy when I realized what I said.

What did I just say?