Chapter : Two Disabled?

Chapter : 2

"Oh gosh! That moment when AK stopped the guy from slapping the girl!" I squealed and gasped and hopped like a maniac while Kajal and I walked out of the theater.

Many bystanders gave me a curious look while they shared sympathy for my best friend who had been listening to my rant from the moment we walked out. But Kajal can never get bored of my speeches, she's been tagging along me since so many years that she's become somewhat immune to my nonsensical words.

It was about evening now and the Mumbai streetlights were alertly alight, making the streets turn bright. People moved about busily, either out of  the movie hall or going in for the next show. The breeze blew a few strands of my dark locks over my face as I continued hopping about in ecstasy. Dream Girl is on the top of my favorite list!

The way Ayushmann pulled off the role of Karam in the movie has left me even more excited. I'm definitely gonna be recommending it to my classmates the next few weeks!  

"Let's go and grab a bite at Pizza Hut. We might as well get the remaining slices from Aarav's one." Kajal suggested with a wicked grin.

"Um... You go..." I mumbled, fidgeting with my fingers. I didn't wanna come across as rude to my bestie and neither did I know of any way to break the news about the Press Conference which was gonna be organised in a few minutes at the City Center. 

Kajal frowned at my words. Then, her eyes widened as something struck her.

"Oh gosh, how can I be so forgetful!? You wanna go and attend that Conference, don't you?" Kajal asked me and I passed her a shy grin.

"How did you know though?" I asked because she wasn't aware about this plan. All we had decided on was to watch the movie.

"Duh, gurl. Ayushmann Khurrana is the only thing that you'd pick over pizza. It's way too obvious." Kajal said.

"Firstly, wow. You know me really well." I agreed as I gripped her wrist to lead her towards the taxi stand. She grinned in response as she followed up through the crowding people.

"And secondly?" She asked as I opened the door to one of the taxis.

"Secondly, AK IS NOT A 'THING'" I defended as she laughed and raised her hands in surrender.

***

"Why isn't he here yet?" I asked impatiently as I turned and looked back at the entrance for the tenth time.

"Mumbai Traffic is a bitch." Kajal said, trying to answer my query.

"I'm dying out here." I groaned and kicked the chair in front of me, frustrated.

The bald photographer guy sitting on that chair literally stumbled off with his seat. Turning around, he passed me an annoyed look. I glared back at him with double ferocity. Somehow, my wrath befell over him.

"Sorry." Kajal apologized on my behalf and the guy turned ahead.

I sighed as I slouched back on my seat, disappointed. This Press Conference had been a dream-come-true moment and I gave up Aarav's pizza to be here! Knowing that AK isn't here yet is eating my patience away! I mean I'm a patient person but not when it comes to awaiting things that I love!

"Should we go and have something at the Hut? Meanwhile AK will also arrive." Kajal offered as she observed my sullen mood.

"No Way." I said stubbornly.

Right on cue, my stomach growled like an angry, hungry lion. Ugh, can't it shut up when it should? Why announce that there's a need for food supply publicly? Pressing my lips into a thin line, I looked at anything but my bestie who had amusement dripping off her face.

"You seem hungry." Kajal sang, a smirk on her lips.

"Ughh. Fine." I gave in and stood up to leave. Getting out of the rows of seats, I turned to leave with my bestie halfheartedly. I didn't wanna miss Ayushmann's entry at the least.

Thanks to my clumsy presence of mind that I bumped into someone the moment I turned around. The person staggered a step ahead and balanced himself but the happiness was short lived for he tripped over my foot and fell face down on the carpet. Photographers stood up and started capturing the scene and I couldn't understand why.

"Oh god, did you just fall?" I asked, panicked, to the guy and realized how stupid my question was the moment the words left my lips.

"No, I was just checking if gravity still works." The guy replied sarcastically as he kneeled up. By now, many guys had surrounded us and were asking the guy if he was okay.

I frowned at his response as his voice registered in my head.

Why does he sound like... Ayushmann?

My gaze widened as he slowly got up on his feet and looked at me through his aviator sunglasses. His hair had slightly been messed up by that fall but it didn't seem to affect his handsome features. He was about an inch taller and something about his expression told me that he wasn't happy.

My heart raced a hundred beats as I took notice of him standing right in front of me. I literally forgot to breath and blink and somehow my body froze by the realization of his presence. I felt Kajal grip my arm to prevent me from collapsing to the ground like some love-sick fan which I am.

"AK..." I said, hardly believing my eyes.

He just tilted his head slightly to gesture that he was listening. His dark lock brushed across his forehead by that slight movement and GOSH HE LOOKED HANDSOME!

"A...Ayushmann... Khu...Khurrana?" I stuttered. Great! Just what I needed! Stutter some more and you'll win the "Fan of the Year" sweetie, my inner consciousness sighed at my condition.

He only frowned at me silently. Taking a step aside, he leaned towards one of the guys dressed in a posh suit and looked like the manager.

"Give her a front seat. I don't want disabled kids to have trouble getting seats." He told the manager.

Okay... Wait. WHAT?

Did he call me disabled?

Yes he did, Inner Consciousness replied with a smirk.

Before I could respond, he had already strode away towards the stage while the media photographers followed him like honeybees over a flower. There was an aura around him which drew everybody's attention easily.

"You're really insane." Kajal said as she shook with a good laugh.

"Shut up!" I scowled at her but she only laughed louder.

"Come on child, we'll get you a seat." The manager guy said to me.

Kajal was now laughing like a crazy person.

A/N   

How's life going?

So Tanya gets to meet AK!!! *jazz hands*

Vote and comment if you love me ;)
(I know it's called emotional blackmailing hun, don't look at me like that now.)

See you until the next chapter!