Chapter : Twenty Three Pleadings

Chapter : 23 

"Please?" Aarav pleaded.

"Nope." I responded coldly, my eyes fixed on the Physics Book on my table.

"Pretty please?" He asked again.

"Nah,"

"PLEASE TANYA!"

This time I didn't even bother answering him as I continued reading the notes. A minute passed in peace after which-

"OH MY GOD. DID YOU JUST SIT ON MY TABLE?" I asked as I looked at my twin with wide eyes and a surprised look dawning on my face as he swiftly placed his butt over my poor little book.

Girls around us began to giggle and smile as they witnessed Aarav pull such crazy tricks right in the classroom. I narrowed my eyes into deathly slits as he continued to pout at me with his playful grey eyes trained on me.

"Don't you have a lecture about Marco Polo to attend?" I asked my twin, my arms crossed on my chest.

He was a humanities student while I was pursuing Science. Aarav was a pretty famous face on campus since he was well known for his rebellious nature and the strikes he had organized in the past few years. Girls often found Aarav pretty charming for his playful attitude and witty character. I'm the ONLY girl who thinks otherwise, I guess.

"Don't you try and change the topic now." He said with a grin.

"For God's sake just agree to him, Tanya." Kajal groaned as she tried and studied the notes of her book.

"No way! I'm not interviewing Ayush-" I was saying when both Kajal and Aarav leaped into action and pressed my mouth shut with their hands.

Gosh, thank god they shut me up. Imagine if I said that out loud amidst all these students.

"Please Tanya!" My twin whispered to me with an innocent face.

I sighed. Aarav had a project to complete where he had to interview some known personality and describe the meeting. Of all people that Aarav could think of, he wanted to interview AK! And guess who's gonna take the interview? Bingo, it's me! Note the sarcasm.

I'm already such a stuttering, nervous wreck when I see him. How on earth am I supposed to question Ayushmann about his life and experiences as an actor? Ever since that make out in the ward, he and I haven't seen much of each other. While I've been busy with the upcoming examinations, AK has been busy with planning the second release of the album and meeting different directors for upcoming films.

Though that doesn't mean we haven't talked. Every night my inbox gets flooded with dozens of greetings and lame little jokes if I don't text him first. Sometimes we end up texting until dawn breaks without even realizing it.

"TANYA!?" Aarav's loud yell jerked me out of my thoughts.

The girls who had been giggling until now, began laughing as they witnessed the scene. I glared at my classmates who stifled their laughs and scurried away with suppressed smiles.

Before I could answer, the period bell rang and I breathed a sigh of relief. It was break time now and I can at least delay this conversation for a few more minutes until we reach the canteen. Packing our respective bags, we headed out for the canteen. I dragged my feet as slow as I could, wishing for the world to just skip this one conversation.

Entering the bright canteen filled with students of various batches, our little trio headed for our usual table at the corner. Darshan, Jake and a few others were already waiting for us at the table. Kajal and Aarav headed for the counter to grab a plate for themselves. When I was about to advance for the counter with them, Aarav stopped me.

"I'll get a plate for you," My twin offered.

"Fine." I said and shrugged, knowing that he was doing this only because he wanted me to agree to the entire interview thing. I ain't gonna agree that easily.

Reaching our table, I settled down beside Darshan who was busy scrolling through his phone.

"Any spicy updates?" I asked Darshan as I placed my bag on my lap.

Darshan was our media man. He was always ready with the latest gossips of campus and any breaking news buzzing about on the social media platforms.

"Yeah, check this out. Ayushmann Khurrana has got a chick." Darshan said as he looked down at the screen of his phone.

I took a retake on his words and a weird feeling enveloped me. Did AK announce about us...?

"Lemme see," I said as I leaned over to peek into the article on his phone.

"Ayushmann with girlfriend?
With so many new couples coming up in Bollywood, actor and singer Ayushmann Khurrana seems to be enjoying his quality time with a special someone.
"

Below the article, a picture had also been added which had been clicked by the paparazzi. AK was dressed in a white jacket and grey jeans. A pair of aviator glasses covered his eyes and his hair was tousled to the side in an attractive manner. What made me turn curious was that he had his one arm wrapped around a tall, lean girl dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and tank top. Her back was facing the camera with her auburn hair tied back with a clip and left open into the natural wavy curls; it wasn't possible to view her face.

"Wow, you look...distressed?" Darshan remarked as he looked at my face.

"Nothing much, really." I waved off as I looked back at Aarav and Kajal approach our table.

Aarav placed the plate of lunch in front of me and settled down on an adjacent seat silently. He opened his mouth to plead with hopeful eyes when I cut him off.

"I'll do the interview." I spoke with a straight face.

"What?" My twin asked after a moment, confused.

"I've agreed." I explained again.

"Wow...that's um.. Great!" Aarav rejoiced with a grin.

Author's Note:-

Namaste readers!

Who do you think is the girl with AK?

Meet you at the next update!