Chapter : Thirty Four A Horrible Crab

Chapter : 34  

Rajodi Beach. Beautiful. Calm. Tranquil.

The bright sun shone in a welcoming manner down at the entire landscape as far as the eye could see. People moved about with happy faces dominating the crowd which was still thin compared to a usual crowd that happens to be seen at any beach. I concluded that it might be because of the day we chose to come. Most Mumbai residents go off to work on Friday mornings which worked much to our advantage.

The blue waters kept lapping against the sandy shore at the far off side of the beach in a rhythmic manner where a few youngsters moved about in swimsuits and surf boards. Few kids ran about the shore, flying vibrant kites as high as they could with merry chortles of joy.

"Ocean here I come!" Jake's overly excited voice made me realize that AK had brought the jeep to a stop next to the shacks situated in here.

"I'll go and check up on him. The previous time he ended up floating off with the waves." Darshan explained as he jumped out of the back of the jeep and hurriedly followed Jake.

Laughing, we four- I, Aarav, Ayushmann and Kajal- climbed out of the jeep. The moment I landed my feet on the ground, I was left disappointed for there was no warm sand underneath my feet but cold tiled floors instead. I looked about and realized that the area surrounding the shack had been concealed with sea green and white marble tiles that harmonised the sea and skies.

Kajal and Aarav scurried off towards the open area of the shack's front yard which hadn't been tiled and where you could step over the soft, warm sands.

I turned to find Ayushmann with a slight frown which lasted for a moment on his face as he pushed his phone into the jeans pocket after he rejected a call. It might seem like I haven't noticed it, but many a times I have observed how he rejects some calls with a look of annoyance or distress which he quickly masks away with a carefree smile and mischievous eyes. I wonder if he's facing some issue and doesn't wanna share it with me. Let's face it; I'm too hesitant to ask him about it.

But come on Tanya! You're supposed to have the right to talk to him. To make him feel better regarding anything that seems to be bugging him! My inner consciousness yelled at me.

Sighing, I decided to ask him about it.

"AK I was-" I had barely begun when a voice interrupted us.

"What took you so long!?" Apar's voice reached us and we both turned to find him jogging towards us with a gleeful grin. He was dressed in a white and blue shirt with dark blue jeans, his hair ruffling by the breeze.

"Dammit, and I had thought that I drove faster than you today," Ayushmann remarked and smiled back at his brother.

"What are we waiting for? Come on, I'll show you the rooms in the shack." Apar said as he gestured towards the brown and white building behind him.

We began heading for the shack with AK walking next to me. Come on Tanya! You were gonna talk to him, remember?

"AK I was wonder-" I began when I got interrupted again.

This time it was Aarav who interjected my question. Looking ahead, I slapped a hand to my forehead when I saw the scene unfold in front of my eyes. Apparently, my twin had witnessed some 'gigantic' and 'horrible looking' crab in the sand and was pleading for Kajal to shoo it off. Kajal, meanwhile, found it dearly funny and picked the crab up and threw it on Aarav. Rest you can imagine already.

Aarav was being chased by that crab. No, that's exaggeration actually. The crab crawled away grumpily anyway; my twin was standing over a wooden chair that had been placed outside the shack for visitors as he threw angry curses at Kajal who only laughed and winked at him in response.

Ah, nevermind. I'll ask Ayushmann about it some other time. I thought and gave up on the idea.

Walking over to my twin, I tugged him by his hand and he reluctantly got off the chair while throwing an annoyed glare at Kajal who joined us with a carefree grin. There wasn't a spec of apology on her face. Instead, she seemed to be at bliss with the entire throwing-a-crab-on-Aarav business.

Following Apar into the Shack we entered the open space. The entire floor had been constructed of wood and the walls were painted bright yellow and orange along with a bit of green occasionally to match the cheery atmosphere of the beach. Pictures of famous people who had visited this shack in the past adorned the walls. I bet they'll hang one frame consisting AK as well now.

A small bookshelf was placed at the corner next to the seven velvet colored lounges and a few bean bags lay scattered around the sitting area. The wall next to the lounges had been replaced by glass panels that gave a panoramic view of the entire shore where people walked about.

The entire place had a cosy and home-like feeling to it and I almost immediately fell in love with the place. A woman from the staff desk stood up and smiled at us in a welcoming manner as AK and Apar approached her.

"Booking of Ayushma-" AK was saying when the lady already presented the bunch of keys to him with a smile.

"You don't need to announce who you are, sir." The girl sitting next to the lady said with a grin.

Smiling in his charismatic manner, Ayushmann thanked the girls and took the keys. Turning to look at us, he gestured for us to move for the rooms.

"The guest rooms are on the first floor, sir." The lady directed, pointing her hand towards the wooden spiral stairway the led the way up to the first floor.  

Author's Note:-

Hi people!!!

How are ya?

Was the chapter good?

Go ahead! Scroll down to the next chapter now! ^-^