Chapter : Four Careful?

Chapter : 4    

"I really don't know if you're ready for this," Aarav said hesitantly as he looked at me from the driving seat of the SUV with concerned grey eyes. Nah, he isn't concerned about me; more like concerned about the car.

"Oh come on! Stop fussing," I huffed and tapped a foot on the ground with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Fine. But if you end up crashing it into the neighbors tree again then you're gonna have to pay for it," he said as he got off the driver's seat of the SUV and gestured for me to shift over and hold the steering wheel.

Grinning triumphantly, I settled down on the driving seat and closed the car door. Placing my hands over the steering, I felt the leather under my fingertips and waited for my brother to get into the seat beside mine. Once Aarav climbed in, I started the car while he instructed the steps.

Ever since I was a little kid, I've been fascinated by people who know driving. The way they steer the large metal beasts has always left me with the desire to be able to drive one of these someday.

Unfortunately, I'm not gifted with the talent of steering which is why Aarav almost never lets me ignite the engine of his SUV. That and because on one fateful evening I had ended up driving the SUV straight into the banyan tree adjacent to our complex Parking Space. But I don't think it was my fault; to be precise I fumbled with the instructions and had slammed a foot on the accelerator instead of the brakes.

Technically it was supposed to be our car because Mom and Dad had gifted it to us on our birthday but alas, my twin never fails to hijack the gifts like every other year.

"Okay, now change the gear and gently place your foot on the accelerator," my twin said, pressing on the word 'gently'.

Ignoring his sarcasm, I focused on the road ahead and started driving. Though it was a Sunday morning, the roads were free of the typical Mumbai traffic. Whenever I'd drive past some vehicle, Aarav would hold a breath and his face would turn pale. I ignored his reactions for as long as I could.

"Take a left from here," he said, but I could see how afraid he was. It was seriously pissing me off. It's not like I'm gonna be the death of him!

"Stop acting like I'd crash the car any moment!" I whined as I took the turn carefully and glanced at him.

"Careful!" brother yelped, his eyes widened as he looked ahead.

"I'm careful alread-" I began but stopped midway the moment I saw a car in front of me.

Hitting the brakes as hard as I could, I tried and steered the SUV to the clearer side of the road but the car screeched and drifted and finally hit the vehicle that was approaching. Both the cars came to a halt after the collision. I sat there motionless, breathing heavily as the shock subsided. My grip over the steering wheel had been so tight that I could see my knuckles whiten. 

"You okay?" both Aarav and I asked each other at the same moment. It's a "twin-thing" that happens often.

Turning back to look at the car ahead, I cursed when I noticed smoke emerge out from either one of the two cars. The driver of the car got out of his car. I and my brother too climbed out of the SUV, anticipating the worst possibilities. For instance, the guy could get the police involved for I didn't have a driving licence yet.

I took a look at the guy's car and winced when I realized it was a silver Mercedes Benz. The SUV had hit the side of the car and smoke was visibly blowing out of the Benz. I turned to look at my brother with a guilty face. Aarav, however, was framing a face filled with shock as he looked ahead at the guy.

Frowning, I turned to look at the guy. Words of apology ready to be unleashed; I raised my eyes to look at him. My jaw dropped as I looked at that handsome face. No, this can't be true.

My doubts vanished into thin air when he removed his aviator sunglasses and looked at me with his brown, mesmerizing eyes. THIS WAS FREAKING AYUSHMANN KHURRANA!!!

He looked as gorgeous as the day I had made him fall in the press conference. His hair was brushed back and a few dark locks remained loose over the side of his forehead which further amplified his handsome features. His light beard had been trimmed to perfection and I felt like loosing myself in those brown eyes.

"Who was driving?" he asked, breaking me out of the enchantment. He looked back and forth between me and my twin with a frown.

I fumbled with a response while my beloved brother had already raised an index finger pointing at me to gesture who did it. AK then turned to look at me with a frown. He quickly put the aviator glasses back on and pulled a black cap from the dashboard of his Mercedes and put it on his head to cover his identity the moment he noticed people gathering around slowly to witness the little accident.

"Get in the car," Ayushmann told me and my brother.

I and Aarav exchanged a look. What does he mean?

"Wait, what?" Aarav asked him.

"Just get into your SUV and I'll tag along. My car is in no condition to function, thanks to you. It's now your job to drop me off." Ayushmann explained in a low whisper so that the crowd didn't recognize his voice.

Is all of this happening for real?

AK wants to get a ride from us?

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realize that Aarav had already got into the back of the SUV while AK was looking at me with a frown on his face.

"You got what I said?" he asked me, a hint of annoyance lacing his tone.

"Yeah..." I said with a nod and was about to get into the driver's seat when he grabbed my hand and stopped me from opening the door.

I turned to look at him. His touch made electric sparks shoot up my arm. It all felt so unreal that I felt like pinching myself. His hand was soft and firm and was relatively larger than mine.

"No way in hell are you gonna drive after what you did to my car." AK said, ruining the moment.

I shook my head and stepped away as he climbed into the driver's seat. Awkwardly, I walked over to the other side and climbed into the passengers seat beside Ayushmann.

Author's Note: 

How are you, my supportive reader?

Was the chapter good?

Vote and comment please!

See you until the next update!!! ❤️