Chapter : Thirty One Why The 90's?

Chapter : 31 

"Where are you heading for? My home is in the opposite direction mister," I said to him with a confused look as he continued driving away from my Complex.

"I know," AK replied as he continued driving.

We had driven out of the College campus after a while, talking about random stuff when I realized that he was driving in the wrong direction. Did Ayushmann forget my address already? But his reply seemed to prove otherwise.

I glanced ahead and realized that he took a turn to the Film City area. It's where most of the movie sets are arranged for the shooting of movies.

"What are you up to?" I managed to ask while he flashed me an amused smile with a mischievous glint in his caramel eyes.

"Patience is the key to success," AK said as he parked the sedan near an open field where literally hundreds of people were scattered about.

Announcements were being yelled through loudspeakers, people were trying to maintain a decorum which seemed a next to impossible task as everyone moved about busily. In short, it looked like the shooting crew of some movie. I glanced nervously at Ayushmann who smiled and climbed out of the sedan, gesturing for me to follow up.

Climbing out of the Benz, I quickly reached by his side, afraid that I might lose him in the crowds. I'm not really comfortable with strange places and unknown faces all around. Ayushmann must've sensed my thoughts for his snaked an arm around me and pulled me closer as he navigated through the people.

"I gave it plenty of thought and tried to think if I can build a time machine," AK started as we moved past the busy crew.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You know, a time machine. So that I can take you to the 90's era and make your wish come true," Ayushmann explained.

In that moment I felt like hugging him. This guy seriously never fails to surprise me.

"But..." AK trailed off, a small smile playing on his lips.

"But?" I asked.

"I realized that I'm no innovative a guy to be able to build that up, so I thought..." AK said and turned to look at me when we reached a narrow gully which was surrounded by wooden walls of a set.

"So, I thought why not bring the 90's right here?" He asked, grinning at me playfully, displaying his pearly white teeth. His eyes wrinkled at the corners as his lips upturned and I ended up smiling back at him. Damn, he has an infectious smile.

"I don't believe you," I spoke, looking ahead at the dull, narrow gully.

"You don't have to believe me until you see what I'm talking about," AK said as he led the way, dropping his arm from around me and slipping his hand into mine, entwining our fingers as he marched ahead.

Walking for about a few minutes into the set, I gasped as I took notice of the scene ahead. An old, white marbled bungalow stood facing a garden which was carpeted with green grass. A pearl embedded chandelier hung over the door step of the bungalow's huge entrance. The gravel pathway to the bungalow was bordered by roses and tulips of countless dyes. A faint white fountain stood at the centre of the garden, in front of the house, which sprayed water up in tiny streams and white pigeons were perched over the base of the fountain, pecking about.

I turned to look at AK who shrugged at me with a smile.

"Here's your 90's" He whispered to me as he released my hand from his clasp and gestured for me to go ahead.

Smiling, I walked over the gravel pathway, taking in everything. A pigeon flew off the fountain and settled on my shoulder. I giggled as I let it settle down on my arm and turned to find AK scrunching his nose at the sight of the bird.

"Don't tell me that you hate pigeons now," I said, suppressing a laugh.

"What's there to love about them? One had littered over my jacket once during a shoot," AK said and shuddered in a dramatic way.

Laughing, I shooed the bird off my arm and it landed back on the edge of the fountain. Ayushmann walked over to my side as I reached the doorstep. Tilting my head up, I glanced at the intricate handwork on the chandelier which hung overhead.

"Have a look of the inside," AK suggested and I looked at him with widened grey orbs.

"There's a set up inside the bungalow as well?" I asked; incredulity evident in my voice.

"Go ahead now," AK chuckled as he lightly pushed me by my shoulder.

Pushing the huge wooden door of the Bungalow, I walked into the enormous living area. An even bigger chandelier hung from the ceiling with sophisticated furniture all around the well-furnished floors of the place. Pictures of different sizes adored the walls in black and white.

AK hugged me from behind, wrapping his arms around my torso and leaning down a bit so that his chin rested over my shoulder. He nuzzled his lips and nose over the crook of my neck, making my breathing turn shallower.

"This is the best I managed in such a short notice. I hope you like it," He whispered, looking at me from over my shoulder.

"This is... I don't have words, Ayushmann..." I answered with a sigh, clearly speechless as my eyes remained glued to the palace around me. He smiled in response as his warm breath fanned over my neck.

"Though I'm curious about one thing," AK said as he moved back and turned me around so that I faced him. His taller frame forced me to lean back and look up at him.

"Hmm?" I asked; wrapping my arms around his neck while he kept me caged in his cuddle.

"Why the 90's? I mean you could've asked for some other time zone as well," He asked.

I smiled at his question.

"My granny was a big fan of the actors and films of the 90's and she used to own this little radio which she would play all day long, streaming endless retro tracks. Her adoration for that era made me wanna live that phase of time for once," I replied, recalling the old times when she was there.

"Granny must be smiling down at you," AK remarked, gesturing up.

I smiled back at his words.

"Well, after planning and executing the wish with such precision, I think I deserve a thank you kiss," AK said, flashing me a playful smirk.

"Too bad I'm not impressed enough to be thanking you," I spoke, a ghost of a smile playing on my lips.

AK scowled at my words.

"That's really unfair, Tanya-" He was saying when I raised myself up on my toes and pecked a quick kiss on his lips which shut him up instantly. A warm smile eventually made its way to his face.

"Thank you," I whispered, looking into his brown orbs.

Author's Note :-

Hola peeps, What's up?
I'm not on my best mood today considering the news of Sushant Singh Rajput's suicide which happened a few hours back today, 14th of June...

Though I knew that I had to update since I had promised at least one update on Sunday...

Let me know what you think of this update.