Chapter : Fifteen Surprises

Chapter : 15    

"Come on Aarav!" I said, partly frustrated now.

"No, you come on now." Aarav said as he continued to pull my assignment from the desk while I was working on it. I stubbornly put my free hand on the papers and continued to write on the pages.

"Tanya." Aarav sang as he began kicking my study chair now on which I was seated.

"WHAT!?" I asked as I shut the assignment angrily which made my twin stumble a step back.

"Come out of your room, please?" Aarav said.

"I've got a pending project to complete." I mumbled as I turned my attention back to the papers.

It's a Sunday evening and my phone is still missing. I know I'm clumsy but that doesn't mean I'll lose my phone! I'm sure wherever it is, it must be ringing a dozen times every hour considering it's our - I and Aarav's - birthday today.

"You always end up having 'pending work' on our birthday." Aarav complained while I didn't bother answering him and turned my attention back to the papers. Aarav, however, wasn't gonna give up that easily. He jumped into action and snatched the papers from my desk like a bolt of lightning and rushed out of my room.

"AARAV!?" I yelled at him in fury while he ran out.

Sighing, I looked down at my watch. It was past 8:00 pm. Getting out of my seat, I walked out of my bedroom, planning on murdering my twin as I made my way to his bedroom. Opening the door to Aarav's room, I frowned when it was empty.

He must be in the living room then.

Walking along the corridor, I walked into the living room but frowned when I realized that all the lights in here had been turned off and it was all really dark. I took slow and careful steps in the dark room, trying to locate the switch board

"Stop the pranks now." I said to an invisible Aarav in the room as I stretched my arms around me to search for the switches.

I stopped when I felt the soft fabric over my fingertips. Assuming it to be Aarav, I gripped onto his T-shirt before he slipped out in the dark and pushed him against the wall.

"You little brat! Gimme my assignment back!" I growled at the dark figure while he only shook with a laugh.

I frowned. How come my twin is taller than me? And how come he smells of some pricey deodorant?

My eyes widened when the lights turned on and in front of me stood the brown eyed god. I turned to stone when I realized how close our faces were and how I was holding him against the wall with force. He was looking down at me with calm eyes and a mischievous smile on his lips.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" A chorus of voices echoed behind me in the now alight living room.

I quickly let go of his grey T-shirt and stepped back, my eyes lowered to the floor. I could feel my face heat up as I blushed crimson under his gaze.

"Happy Birthday, Tanya." Ayushmann said as he looked down at me with a smile.

"Thank you..." I mumbled, turning away to look at the rest of the people in here.

I could spot Aarav and his two buddies- Darshan and Jake-, Mom, Dad and Kajal. Mom had a wide grin on her face as if she was overjoyed at the sight of me and AK standing next to each other. Dad had a neutral expression. Aarav and Kajal winked at me as if gesturing something while Jake and Darshan were still trying to cope with the fact that Ayushmann Khurrana was here.

"Come on! Let's cut the cake now." Aarav said as he gestured towards the chocolate cake placed at the center of the coffee table.

***