Chapter : Thirteen Unexpected Savior

Chapter :13

The past week has been full of happenings! From listening to all the tunes AK and his team had prepared to working on composing the lyrics, every new experience has been so exciting! Every day after college hours, Ayushmann would pick me from the college block and we'd head for the studio.

Working with him, I realized how dedicated a guy AK was when it came to music. On certain days he would stay back in the studio while others would leave for home. Yet all that workload never seemed to get him tired. Maybe because he was following his passion and was doing what he loved.

Whenever Ayushmann would start singing the compositions, it never failed to leave me awestruck. He'd close his eyes and sing with a smile on his face. It was as if while singing, he would completely drown into the song abd wouldn't care about the world around him.

"You're done?" David's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

I jerked back when I realized that he was bending over the desk to peek a look at the papers on which I was scribbling the last of the notes. With time, I had become accustomed to the way all the guys used to interact.

Vishal was more of a silent leader. He wouldn't keep tabs of who's doing what work but would always be ready to troubleshoot any issues that arise.

Ajay was the Always-late-colleague. He'd make up a new excuse every day and it was kinda fun to watch him unleash his creativity on the excuses.

Jai was the punctual one. The way he swiftly handled all the equipment and executed the recordings was enough a testimony to it.

And then there was David. He's the most energetic when it came to music. David always had a cheery vibe about him which always kept everyone's spirits high. Although there's one thing I'd like to change in him. He doesn't know anything about the term 'space'. While talking, he'd just stand too close which would get me awkward and clumsy.

That's exactly how I ended up dropping the Amplifier from my hands and it shattered into little pieces last Tuesday. Thanks to AK that he intervened and calmed Vishal down. They don't let me handle the equipment anymore though.

"Yeah," I said and showed him the draft.

David read it silently while I took a moment to relax. Looking out of the French windows of the studio, I realized that it was almost dark now. I glanced at my watch and it was close to six thirty in the evening. There weren't too many people in the studio today, it was just me, Ayushmann, his brother Apar and David. Vishal and Ajay were busy with some work while Jai was running on a high fever and hadn't showed up.

"It's great." David said and smiled at me.

"Will you staple the loose sheets up while I start the computer?" David asked.

"Sure," I said and took the draft sheets and got out of my seat while David got busy with setting up the computer.

"Ah Damn." I cussed when I clumsily ended up stapling my finger underneath the page. Blood oozed out in an instant and dripped down. I jerked my wounded hand away from the sheets, afraid that there would be bloodstains all over my hardwork.

"What happened?" David asked as he looked at me with a worried eye.

"Oh no," He said when he realized what I had stapled.

"Everything okay?" Ayushmann asked from behind the glass panels of the recording area. He and Apar were busy recording the song halfway.

"Yeah, she just ended up wounding her finger. C ome, I'll help with the dressing." David said as he gestured for me to follow him.

Placing the sheets carefully on the desk, I hurriedly followed him into the storeroom where they had kept the first aid. David was opening the kit when he gestured for me to take a seat. I silently settled down while he picked out a pair of little tongs to pull out the pin which had protruded my finger.

"Let me see," He said as he settled down in front of me and took my hand gently. Using the tongs, he pulled out the pin while I winced in pain. He then started dabbing out the blood using cotton.

"It's okay...I'll do it." I protested, embarrassed. He looked up and gave a small smile.

"It's okay. I'm doing it." David said as he started with the bandage next.

Once he was done with my finger, he looked up at me with his dark black eyes. It was weird that he didn't let go of my hand even after the dressing was done. I tried and ignored the sudden tension in the air. When I tried to get out of my seat, he held my hand a bit tighter which made me stop and I looked at him with a frown while he only smiled at me.

"You know that you've got beautiful grey eyes, don't you?" David spoke, his voice a whisper.

"I...Uh..." I started but fumbled miserably as he slowly entwined his fingers with mine.

Dammit, get a grip girl. Did you forget what the self-defence teacher had taught you?

I was about to twist his hand hard and then use my skills on him when someone put a hand on David's shoulder from behind and pulled him away roughly. David wasn't ready for the sudden act and fell off his seat, losing his grip over my hand. My eyes widened as David tried to get up while Ayushmann looked down at him with a blank face. Even though his face didn't portray any emotions, his jaw was clenched tight and the brown eyes were a whirlwind of fury and rage.

"Relax AK," David was saying as he got up when Ayushmann sighed and looked down at the floor.

AK then placed a hand back on David's shoulder.

"Listen here, David. This girl," Ayushmann said and glanced at my frightened self once.

"This girl is very important to me. So," AK said as he held David's jacket collar and twisted it hard so that it tightened around his neck.

"So if anything happens to Tanya, you better be ready to pay for it." Ayushmann said as he looked at David with a menacing glare.

Apar entered the dead silent storeroom and let the scene sink in. AK was holding onto David's jacket with a hand, I was seated on the chair with a bewildered expression and David had an equally furious gaze fixed on Ayushmann.

"Ayush, drop it." Apar told his brother.

Ayushmann kept looking at David for another minute after which he released his collar with a harsh push. David took it as his cue and rushed out of the storeroom. Apar looked back and forth between me and AK and then finally decided to leave. Once he was gone, it was just me and Ayushmann.

AK turned to look at me from where he stood with a silent face.

"Sorry, Tanya." He said and turning on his heel,marched out of the room.

A/N:-

Hola!

What are your views about this update? 

Stay tuned for the next part!

XOXOXO