Chapter : Forty A Silent Conversation

Chapter : 40    

"Sweetie, I'll go and call the nurses," Were the last words Mom said to me as she let go of my hand reluctantly and pushed herself out of the metal chair and headed for the exit.

Stay, I wished to speak but my lips remained unwavering as I wearily gazed at her figure reach the door and pull it open. My head was pounding with one of the worst headaches of the millennium and I had this urge to just let it all end. But then again, Aarav's face crossed my mind for once and seemed like that's all it took for me to regain the hope and strength.

"She's awake now," Mom said to somebody outside.

Please let it be Dad or Aarav or Kajal. Please. I just don't wanna face him yet.

Much to my annoyance, he of all people, emerged at the doorway as Mom departed. Sighing mentally, I closed my eyes shut to ignore his presence. Maybe it's better if I just vanish away from his life. After all, I'm the root cause for the havoc he's been creating for the film makers and moreover, he's stopped following his passion which makes me feel guilt to no ends.

Why are you such a burden, idiot?

I kept my eyes closed off as he reached the bedside and paused. Uneasiness enveloped me as I felt his gaze hover over my face in silence. For a moment, I felt like pulling the bed sheet over my face and to tell him to "Go away," but then again, my body wasn't at the best level of coordination apparently. I heard him sigh as he pulled the chair and settled down.

"Your mum told me that you're awake, so please stop ignoring me?" AK mumbled, his voice holding hope.

I'm not awake. Just go away.

"Tanya...after behaving with you in the way that I did... I don't deserve an apology and I totally agree that your fury is justified..." AK went on, his voice a mere whisper.

Yeah, you're right. I'm really mad at you. Could you please go away now?

"So instead of apologising like an idiot, I'm just gonna ask you if I can get a second chance." Ayushmann asked, I could feel the sincerity lacing his voice.

I...I don't know...

"I won't make you dwell over any false hopes," AK spoke and reached a hand out, taking my cold hand in his warm one as he entwined his fingers with mine.

W-What? I mean okay, I was expecting to hear that I won't make it out but...didn't Mom tell me that I was alright? She was lying, just great.

"Tanya...the medics said that you're losing healthy blood cells at a faster rate and...They've decided to give it a final shot through some surgeries." He spoke, pressing onto my hand as he proceeded.

Okay... but why waste some more money on the surgeries when I know already that my body is giving up on me? The medicines didn't help; how on Earth a surgery will? 

"Tanya, I've decided to not let the medics carry a surgery today," AK announced to me, tracing my hand with his thumb.

Great, at least someone agrees that the surgery is gonna be of no use.

"Instead, I have contacted Veer Malhotra and he's agreed to help us out." AK said.

Wait a minute...Veer Malhotra? Isn't he the most famous surgeon of Bengaluru? AK! I don't want a surgery... Why are you not giving up? It's gonna be a total waste of money, time and energy!

"Trust me, Tanya. You'll be alright." AK spoke mostly to himself.

Ughh... So I guess you aren't gonna listen to me...

"And since you haven't responded to me for even once...I will just assume that either you're overly angry or that you're actually unconscious..." AK sighed. Leaning over, he pecked a light, affectionate kiss over my forehead. I felt his lips leave behind a moist imprint which I cherished dearly. Maybe it was the last memory I may have of him.

"Love you," He whispered, making the headache almost disappear.

Love you too- No... I'm too selfish to deserve that Ayushmann... Why'd I be leaving your side if I actually cared for you?

He pushed himself off the seat and after a moment, released my hand with utter reluctance as he headed out of the room with heavy steps. The urge to call out his name or to gesture him to stay by my side was incredibly tempting but I resigned myself from doing so.

The faster you succeed in extricating yourself from his life, the better.

Author's Note   

Heyy People! How was the update? Does the title suit the chapter?

BTW, Has anybody seen the official trailer of Dil Bechara? Coz I tried looking it up on the internet but all I succeeded in finding were fake trailers made by fans in Sushant's memory.