Chapter : Twelve Experienced

Chapter : 12  

"Wow," Kajal said for the umpteenth time.

Tired of responding, I simply nodded as we waited for Aarav to come out of his strike which he was leading. Did I mention that Aarav is known as the Rebel of our college? He organizes strikes and meetings whenever something goes wrong in the administration. This time, the strike was about justice for a teacher who was being fired only because there were "too many staff members" as per the administration. Soon enough he emerged out of the crowding students after ordering the boys to carry on the strike. He reached me with Jake beside him. Once they joined us, we headed for the college gates to leave.

"So he's gonna take you to the studio today?" Kajal asked.

"Yeah," I said and nodded.

After exchanging a few texts over phone, AK decided to pick me up from the college and to take me to the studio. I guess he wanted to make me feel comfortable with the people involved in the project.

"HEY TANYA!" Sarah, one of my batch mates, exclaimed as she approached me with a wide grin.

I stilled at her call. Not another one. I thought.

Ever since the pictures of Ayushmann and the 'mystery girl' AKA me, got viral, people have been approaching me with the question "It's you, right?!" while I give a confused smile and shake my head a no.

"The girl with AK was you, right?" Sarah asked as she showed me the low resolution picture of me and AK walking out of the café on her phone.

"No," I said and pressed my lips as I walked past her with Kajal, Aarav and Jake.

"If I were you, I'd have already taken a mic and announced that it was me." Kajal whispered to me while I threw her an amused look.

"Just imagine how jealous all those bratty girls would be!" Kajal said and looked up as if imagining the scene.

"You're crazy." I said as I shook my head and headed out for the college parking lot.

Pulling out my phone, I called AK.

"Hey, where are you?" I asked.

"Behind you." AK whispered over the phone.

My eyes widened as I turned around and looked for him. I sighed when I heard him laugh over the device as he enjoyed my reaction. I felt myself turn red with embarrassment.

Soon enough we heard the honking of a car. Turning to look at the direction, I found a sedan parked a few feet away and AK was waving at me, leaning against the car with the phone pressed against his ear.

"What The Hell?! That's Ayush-" Jake was gonna exclaim out loud when Aarav put a hand on his mouth and stifled the words.

There weren't too many students out here at 4:00 in the afternoon since most of them were busy participating in the strike but if he exclaimed out like that, it's definitely gonna catch a lot of unwanted attention.

"Can I tag along?" Kajal asked me.

"Uh..." I said, unable to decide on how to tell AK about it.

"Please! I will behave, I promise!" Kajal said and folded her hands in a plea.

"Fine, don't make that face." I said as I headed towards him with Kajal beside me. Meanwhile Aarav pulled a hysterical Jake away into the parked SUV.

Reaching Ayushmann, I looked at his face. No matter how many times I faced him, the affect was always the same. I could feel butterflies in my belly when his brown eyes looked into my grey ones. He was dressed in a white shirt and faint blue jeans. His eyes shone bright in the afternoon sunlight and his smile made his face turn even brighter than before

"Hi." He said.

Somehow, I felt my voice disappear. I just nodded with a small smile.

"Let's get going then," He said.

"Can my friend Kajal tag along?" I asked him when she elbowed me to speak up.

He paused and looked at Kajal who grinned so wide that it creeped me out.

"Sure," AK said with a smile directed at me as he climbed into the driver's seat.

Exchanging a look, I and Kajal climbed into the backseat of the sedan.

I noticed that there was someone seated on the passenger seat already. It was a guy with light, trimmed beard. He was busy scrolling through his phone. Somehow the guy seemed familiar to AK.

"Tanya, meet my brother Apar. Apar, this is Tanya." Ayushmann said as he ignited the engine.

"Hey!" Apar spoke as he turned to look back at me and Kajal. I noticed that they had a lot of similarities. The same brown eyes, a familiar lopsided grin and mischief glinting in his orbs.

"Remember my words about him in the café? That's him." AK told me as he drove out of the college.

Apar scowled at his brother.

"So you two share a private joke about me already? Just great." Apar said and threw his hands in the air.

***

"Make yourself comfortable." AK said as he pulled two chairs for me and Kajal.

We settled down silently. The studio was alight with high power in-built ceiling lights and the entire place was air-conditioned. The walls were painted red and white with hues of grey at occasional spots to highlight the effect. The place was full of recording instruments, amplifiers, speakers, wires and microphones. I then turned to look at the six guys in front of me. Two of them were AK and his brother Apar while I had no idea about who the remaining four were.

"This is Vishal Singh." Ayushmann said as he directed a hand towards the man who seemed to be in his mid-forties.

"The guy with the beard is Ajay," AK said. Ajay waved at me with a smile.

"The one with the tattoos on his arms is David." AK introduced. David smiled in response.

"And the last introduction- Jai Kartik." AK said and put an arm around the guy's shoulder who grinned at me in a welcoming manner.

They all seem so experienced in this field. How will I ever be able to reach their level?

"Let's get down to work then." Vishal said as he clapped his hands once to declare his order.

A/N:-

Who else thinks that AK looks HOT in white? check the pic I've added above.

Keep smiling!