Chapter : Twenty Nine Thank Me Later!

Chapter : 29

"What the hell...?" I trailed off as I peeked down at the complex gates through the windows of my bedroom.

"I know right!" Kajal exclaimed, beaming at me like a happy kid.

"Shut up. How on earth will I drive out of that crowd now?" Aarav threw an annoyed glare at an overexcited Kajal as he too gazed down.

Moments after AK had left my complex in the evening in his car, a whole swarm of reporters and media photographers gathered up outside my complex to get a glimpse of the 'mystery girl' whom AK proposed publicly on stage. I felt my palms sweat and breathing turn shallow; another anaemic symptom, just great. Taking a step back, I pulled the study chair and settled down with an exhausted look while Aarav continued dialling Jake's number on his phone to explain the current situation. Apparently, Aarav was supposed to be meeting Jake to work on that project for which I had interviewed AK a couple of days back.

Kajal, on the other hand, had showed up at my place a few minutes back to check up on me. I knew something was terribly wrong when she kept using the phrase 'You won't believe it!' with her signature grin plastered on her face. Kajal is always happy when something unusual happens, be it a good unusual or a bad one.

"Um...Tanya, you might wanna come over here for a moment," Mom called from the living room.

Ugh, what's more now?

"Coming," I sighed, pushing myself out of the chair. Walking out of my bedroom, when I entered the living room I took notice of Mom and Dad seated on the living room sofa, watching TV. My eyes stilled when I saw Ayushmann on the screen, giving an informal little interview.

From the grey outfit that he was wearing, I guessed that this interview was recorded a few minutes back when AK drove out of my apartment. Mom was beaming at me like a happy sunflower and Dad? Well, he looked like he was planning on murdering someone with a shotgun.

"Yeah, it's Tanya Rathore," Ayushmann answered one of the reporters, a bright smile adorning his face.

"Do you plan on a live in?" Another reporter asked AK.

My cheeks turned crimson when I learned that the interview was all about me. I threw a glance back at my parents, worried sick about what reaction will I have to face now.

"You never told me you were dating him!" Mom pouted, unhappy that I didn't tell her about a boyfriend that I myself wasn't aware that I had.

"We are not dating," I said.

"Yeah, we are dating," Ayushmann answered a reporter on the TV screen.

Could the timings get any better?

"Wasn't it all about some music project?" Dad asked, his impassive face scaring me a bit.

"Of course it was!" I agreed.

"Then what's all this?" Dad asked, gesturing at the TV.

"Oh honey! They interacted for a while, found each other interesting and fell in love," Mom answered on my behalf with a wink directed at me.

"He's a celebrity. Don't you know how lightly they take relationships?" Dad asked, genuinely concerned.

"Don't stress out so much Dad," I tried. He frowned at me.

"Ayushmann isn't like that. He's more considerate about my feelings." I spoke.

Dad didn't speak or respond, still unconvinced.

"He cares about what I think even when I don't voice my thoughts out. The way he looks at me with a gleam in his eyes is more than enough for me to believe that what he feels for me is true. Over time, I've realized that I do love him, no matter how much I'd deny it," I said, slowly forming the words.

Both my parents looked at me with speechless looks. Mom smiled and gave silent thumbs up to me. Dad on the other hand sighed and shrugged.

"Fine, it's your choice. But I do wanna talk to him personally once," Dad said.

A smile spread over my face when I realized that Dad had accepted AK.

"Bravo! You're speech was fabulous!" Kajal's voice reached me and I turned to find her clapping at me with a grin.

"What are you doing?" I asked and narrowed my eyes at Aarav when I noticed that he had just finished filming something on his phone.

"...And I've sent your speech to him," Aarav said and looked up at me with a lopsided, mischievous grin.

"YOU WHAT?!" I asked, bewildered.

"Thank me later," Aarav said with a wink and rushed out of the apartment in a hurry before I caught him by his throat and strangled him up.

Author's Note :-

Hey my peeps!
How was the update?

As promised, I've updated on Sunday :)

I swear this entire week has been so hectic for me! The online classes and Google Classroom Assignments is seriously driving me nuts. To top all of this up, we've got a debate tomorrow (which I HATE to speak for).

Anyways, Stay happy and healthy!
Love,

Arhana.