Chapter : Thirty It's A Stupid Wish

Chapter : 30 

"I have died everyday,
Waiting for you.
Darling don't be afraid,
I have loved you.

For a thousand years,
I'll love you for a thousand more..."

Kajal and I went on singing in sync as we walked out of the college block and headed out for the parking space. Aarav and his pals- Jake and Darshan- were also tagging along to the parking lot.

"Tanya, one selfie. Please!" Fatima, a fellow classmate reached me with a hopeful smile.

Sighing, I gave a small smile and nodded an okay. She quickly stood by my side, lightly pushing Kajal away from beside me, who seemed to be offended by that. Clicking the selfie, Fatima waved a quick goodbye and rushed off. I laughed when I noticed the way Kajal was glaring at Fatima's receding figure.

"Now she'll be posting that on FB with a caption of 'hashtag with AK's girlfriend'" Kajal mocked in fake fury as we headed for the SUV which was parked in the lot.

I stopped on my tracks when I took notice of the Mercedes parked next to the SUV. What's Ayushmann doing here? I turned to look at Aarav and Kajal who were smiling a knowing smile at me.

"Oh, you guys knew he had come?" I asked them both.

Aarav grinned and winked at me as he walked over to the SUV and climbed in, followed by Jake and Darshan. Over the past one week, my twin had slowly turned back to his actual self. I guess Aarav only needed some time to digest the fact regarding my anaemic condition.

"Go enjoy your day," Kajal whispered to me and strolled over to the SUV, climbing into the passenger seat.

Taking a deep breath, I reached the silver, gleaming Benz and opened the door to the passenger seat. Climbing into the Mercedes, I settled down and turned to look at him as I closed the car door lightly. He was dressed in a sky blue T-shirt and grey trousers and his hair had been brushed to the side in his typical little way. The moment I entered the car, a warm smile spread over his lips, making his brown orbs gleam with delight.

"What made you come here today?" I asked, a small smile playing on my lips. I was trying to stay composed on the outside but on the inside, I was hopping crazily, ecstatic that he had showed up to surprise me.

"Wow, well I missed you too." He said and chuckled. I flushed when I realized how direct had I been without even greeting him.

 Meanwhile Aarav and my buddies drove out of the already deserted parking space; we were one of the last students to be leaving the campus today and now that I look back, my twin and bestie had intentionally made a late departure so that there's be less a crowd in case someone guessed that it was AK in the sedan.

"Yeah," I mumbled and smiled sheepishly at him.

AK then reached out a hand and brushed the few strands of lose hair off my forehead and tucked them behind my ear; an affectionate smile adorning his lips as he placed his palm over my cheek. His touch had the same effect as always, making my heart go haywire and breathing turning shallow. The confined space of the car amplified the feelings and emotions.

"Now, coming over to your question," Ayushmann said as he moved his hand back and leaned against his seat.

"Yes?" I asked, trying to calm myself down.

"I came here to ask you something," He said as he pulled out his smartphone from the jeans pocket and scrolled through it.

"Go ahead," I said, turning curious and excited.

"You've got quite many wishes that you wanna fulfil, don't you?" AK asked, glancing at me with a smirk.

"Uh...Yeah, everybody wishes stuff. I wish to be a biologist someday-" I was speaking when he chuckled at my diplomatic answer.

"Let me make this clearer to you," Ayushmann said as he scrolled down the screen of his phone.

"To be able to time travel and visit the 90's era," AK read out from the phone.

My eyes widened and jaw dropped as he continued.

"To be able to surf without drowning like some stone," AK read, suppressing a good laugh.

"How did you-" I was asking but he completely ignored me.

"To watch a horror movie without shrieking out of fright," AK read.

"To pat and play with a dog," Ayushmann continued and gave me a suggestive look.

"That's it! You don't have to continue!" I spoke up as I reached out for his phone because I realized what the next wish in the list was. It's gonna be hell embarrassing if he, of all people, reads that off.

But AK was way quicker. Leaning away, he gripped my wrist with his free hand and held the phone out of my reach as he read it.

"To kiss him," AK read out.

THAT'S IT! I know what I'm gonna do now. I'm gonna dig a hole and crawl down it and stay there until the universe ends. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

Ayushmann loosened his grip over my wrist but didn't completely let go of my hand as he placed the phone on the dashboard and turned to face me. I on the other hand had turned as red as a tomato. Somebody please give me a shovel so that I can start digging the hole I had been talking about.

"Who's him?" AK asked, a smirk plastered on his lips and his eyes sparkling with mischief.

I silently gazed at him. Who else would it be?

"It was a stupid wish I had scribbled up when I was in my twelfth grade," I mumbled, not meeting his eyes.

"The wish would be stupid only when the aim would be stupid, right?" AK asked.

"Maybe," I shrugged.

Ayushmann entwined our fingers and clasped my hand gently in his larger one. Tracing his thumb over the back of my hand, he called my name. Raising my eyes, I had barely got the chance to make eye contact when I gasped at our proximity. His brown eyes were up close and his face was a few centimetres away from mine. My heart went back to the haywire stage and my lungs forgot the only job that they had been assigned- to breath.

AK smiled with warmth and leaned ahead, closing the distance out and locking his lips with mine. The feelings were euphoric and I smiled as he continued kissing me. I felt safe in his embrace. It was as if he was the solution to every problem that life had hurled my way. But then again, who am I kidding? How will he beat death itself for me? My life has a deadline and I can't keep dwelling in this illusion that I'll be by his side forever.

"Hey, Tanya?" Ayushmann's voice brought me out of my mental judgements and I looked up to find him looking into my eyes.

He had moved his face back, his arm wrapped around my waist as he looked at me with concerned brown orbs. He must've sensed the change in my body language when I turned stiff with the conflicting thoughts rising in my mind.

Smiling a small smile, I shook my head to tell him I was fine; which I definitely wasn't. AK smiled back with an unconvinced look as he leaned forward and pecked a light kiss over my forehead and caged me in a cuddle. I too wrapped my arms around his neck, breathing deeply to bottle up the worries inside me.

"How...how did you dig out these wishes?" I asked, resting my head over his chest, changing the topic as he held me in his arms.

"Remember the one time I had got my hands on your poetry notebook? You've scribbled those at the last page of the notebook and luckily I had clicked a picture of that page, I was intrigued by the variety of the wishes you see," AK explained as he moved back to look at me with a sheepish grin.

He moved back and leaned against his driving seat and ignited the engine.

"You can cross off the last wish from that list now," AK said as he flashed me a smile while I flushed crimson and looked out of the window.

Author's Note:-  

Hello! How are you?

How was the update peeps? Oh and how's summer going on? Here in my hometown, it's around 34 degrees Celsius but the humidity makes it feel like a 50...*wipes some sweat off*

Stay happy and healthy!

Love,

Arhana :)