Chapter : Five Poetic

Chapter : 5

Ayushmann's POV

Could my day get any better?

First, I overslept today which led to a hundred missed calls on my phone from the music producers.

Second, when my brother entered the house, I got hit by the front door as I was about to leave in my hurry.

Third, my driver is sick and didn't show up which means I gotta drive through the Mumbai traffic. My manager Chris too is on a break which means everything has been going haywire in the past forty-eight hours in his absence. 

Fourth, yes there's a fourth as well in the list, I haven't finished writing the lyrics of the song which was supposed to be recorded today.

And to top all of this up, some irresponsible girl ended up crashing her SUV into my car. I gotta inform Chris to take care of the Benz which has been towed off the road by now, I'm sure. 

What a wonderful day it has been.

I glanced at the guy sitting on the backseat. He looked somewhat similar to the girl who was sitting beside me. There was dead silence in the car while I drove. The guy had brown, dark hair brushed roughly by his fingers and a composed look on his face as he gazed out of the window. The girl seemed relatively nervous as she fidgeted with her fingers and kept looking about with her lips pressed tight. I assumed she was guilty for blowing up my car.

"What's your name?" I asked the girl to cut out the silence in the confined space of the SUV.

"Ta...Tanya." She stuttered.

Wait, that voice seems familiar.

I turned to look at her round face. I felt like I had seen those gray eyes before. Her dark, wavy hair was tied into a ponytail and she had pink, full lips.

Then it clicked me. This was the girl from that press conference incident!

"Full name." I said, my voice holding a cold gesture. I was definitely not happy to be meeting her again after that Press Conference humiliation. The way the pictures of me tripping and falling off had gone viral on social media in the past three days made me develop a certain repulsiveness towards the girl who caused it all. Funny part is, I'm driving her car now with her sitting right next to me. 

"Tanya Rathore." She replied meekly.

"And you?" I asked the guy sitting behind while I drove.

"Aarav Rathore. I'm her brother." He replied. I realized the guy was more confident than the girl.

"Oh, so you two are siblings. That's why the same gray eyes." I spoke mostly to myself.

I then asked them where they resided. The brother replied to my query quite confidently while Tanya kept herself silent.

My phone vibrated and I pulled it out. Looking at the ID I realized it was Vishal calling me. He's the music producer who's been going nuts since I'm late. Putting the phone on loudspeaker, I placed it on the car's dashboard while I drove.

"WHERE ARE YOU AK?!" Vishal's voice boomed through the device, filling the silence of the car.

"Relax, I'm on my way." I told him, trying to calm him down.

"Relax? RELAX?! Do you not know that every second that you're NOT in here, we're wasting precious time?" Vishal asked.

"Listen, I'll call you in a moment." I told him and quickly disconnected the call before he burned my impression down in front of these two.

Sighing, I pulled the SUV into the complex where the siblings lived and parked it. Both the siblings exchanged a look, confused.

"Go home you two. I'll send the car back, don't worry." I told them.

The boy dashed out of the car within a span of a second. I noticed the girl was still processing my command. Frowning, I looked at her.

"How old are you?" I asked her sarcastically.

"Twenty." She replied innocently.

"And which part of my command remained unclear to you?" I asked.

"I wanted to apologize...for what happened at the conference the other day and...for what happened to your car." She said, slowly forming the words. She refused to make eye contact though as she fidgeted with her fingers.

Wow, so she can speak properly. Another nervous fan then I guess.

"It's all okay." I told her, partly so that she quickly gets out of the car and I can then drive to the studio.

She then smiled a small smile. I noticed how her eyes wrinkled a bit on the corners when her pink lips upturned. She should smile more often, I thought.

"Sorry once again, though." She said as she climbed out of the car.

***

"May I know where you were? Or should I 'Relax'?" Vishal asked me as I climbed out of the SUV.

Damn, this conversation is gonna be tougher than I imagined it to be. 

I looked over at Vishal who stood a few steps away with his hands crossed on his chest and a look of fury plastered over his features. He seemed to be ready to strangle me any moment now which is why I hesitated to approach him any further.

Actually today was the supposed deadline for the lyrics to be written and I had confidently told Vishal that the song would be ready by today. But I guess I overestimated myself. Out of ideas, I didn't write anything. I feel music and songs should come naturally through your heart. You can't force your heart to make up lyrics, right?

I noticed that Vishal's expression visibly softened when he noticed the dented front of the SUV. He glanced back at me with a concerned look while I handed the SUV keys to Vishal's driver who reached me to get the keys and park the car like always.

"What happened on the way?" Vishal asked, composed than before.

"Long story, come on. I'll tell you," I said, gesturing for him to go back into the studio while I'm following up. I was still caught up with a question : how the hell am I gonna tell Vishal that I haven't written anything for the song recording? He'll definitely strangle me then without giving it a second thought.

"Take it to the repair shop and bring it back by lunch time." I told Vishal's driver as I gestured back at the dented SUV.

Once Vishal was inside, I was about to follow him when I recalled that my phone was on the dashboard of the car. I stopped the driver right before he climbed into the car.

Reaching the parked car, I peeked in through the open window and grabbed the phone from the dashboard. I was about to turn and leave for the studio when a bright blue notebook caught my attention. It was placed on the dashboard in front of the passenger seat.

Stretching a hand out for that notebook, I pulled it out of the car along with my handset. I gestured off the driver to take the SUV for the garage. As I flipped through the pages, I realized that these were poems. Not just any poems. These were poems that could draw the attention of any reader or listener.

Something then clicked a thought in my head as I shut the notebook close and turned to look back at the studio building with a relieved grin.

"Hey, Vishal! I've got an idea." I called as I dashed into the studio.

Author's Note:-

And here I am back with my rant to interrupt your reading! *grins*

How was AK's Point Of View?

Vote. Share. Comment.

[^o^]