Chapter : Seventeen Betrayal

Chapter : 17

"Come on! Click the drop down menu over there." Aarav said and put an index finger pointing on the screen of the laptop.

"I'm trying!" Kajal said and threw an annoyed glare at him before turning to the laptop screen again.

"The menu is right in front of your eyes! Click on it na!" Aarav said, frustrated.

"Fine, don't yell!" Kajal whined back.

"GUYS!" I yelled at both of them with a death glare while I tried to talk over my phone. The keyword being 'tried'. These two were shouting at each other to no end. That's mainly because they are overly excited just like me.

Well, it's been over a month now since that music project with AK and his team and today's the day when the album was gonna release! I've literally been jumping about the entire day. Though, it's really sad that I'm not at the venue of the release at the moment. I'm pretty much stuck on this educational college trip with my friends and this trip has got some serious links with the upcoming assessments you see; so I can't skip this one.

"Your friend and brother seem to be overjoyed." Ayushmann said over the phone and chuckled.

"I know. I wish I could've muted them." I said and rolled my eyes when I noticed that the two were trying to strangle each other on the bed.

We were spending the night at a hotel with all our classmates. Kajal and I were sharing the room tonight while Aarav was here to watch the live release of the album with us before we headed for dinner.

"Are you not excited?" AK asked me.

"Excited would be an understatement," I said.

"Tune in on the website, I'm about to head out for the stage..." Ayushmann said.

"Okie!" I replied happily.

Once he disconnected, I jumped on the bed and separated both of them by settling down between Aarav and Kajal, creating a barrier between them. I picked up the abandoned laptop and placed it on my knees as I opened the website which was streaming the venue live.

"There's Apar!" Kajal said and pointed at the brown haired guy who showed up with a bright grin at the entrance.

The media reporters kept asking him random questions which he answered patiently. The photographers turned alert and reporters went haywire the moment Ayushmann walked in, following up his younger brother. He looked ever so handsome in that blue jacket and dark jeans matched with white sports shoes as he came and stood beside Apar with a charming smile.

Both the brothers shared a few words and headed into the building, Then arrived Jai, Ajay and David. They all interacted with media for a while and headed on. Lastly arrived Vishal, the producer of the album. Reporters huddled around him and questioned him about this music project.

"Sir, we've heard from our sources that you have featured a new girl in the making of this album?" A reporter asked Vishal.

"New girl," Kajal said and elbowed me with a grin.

"Sir, are you planning on launching the girl?" Another one asked.

Vishal looked at the reporters with a straight face. His eyes were well hidden behind his glasses.

"No, it's a complete rumor. We aren't planning on launching anybody and neither is any 'new girl' associated with the making of this project." Vishal said.

Wait,WHAT?!

Did he just deny that I composed all the lyrics of the entire album?!

"Then who is the lyricist of the album?" A reporter asked.

"It's Ayushmann Khurrana. He's the talented hand behind all the lyrics of this album," Vishal said.

Silence.

Complete silence in the room.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Aarav yelled with a frown.

"THAT PIG!" Kajal spoke with fury.

I sat silent as I gazed at the laptop screen with a blank expression. Giving a wry smile, I closed the laptop and got off the bed. Aarav and Kajal exchanged a glance and looked up at me as I put on my shoes.

"Tanya..." Kajal spoke.

"I'm fine, guys...I just need some fresh air..." I mumbled as I headed out of the room and descended the stairs to have a walk in the adjoining park.

Betrayal does hurt.

I should've known.

Who am I anyway that they'd take the pain to launch or even mention me? I was just a way to complete the project.

I should've known.

Author's Note:-

Please don't hate me for this update...

What are your views about the betrayal?

Stay tuned for the coming update!