Chapter : Twenty Revelations

Chapter : 20

"...Cause if you hurt me,
That's okay, baby only words bleed.
Inside these pages you just
Hold me.

I won't ever let you go,
Wait for me to come home..."

Aarav went on singing; his voice filling up the silence surrounding us as we sat around the bonfire. I sighed and leaned to my right against my brother's shoulder as he continued with the song while Jake and Darshan kept tapping the bottles of cold drinks to make a constant beat echo along the song while many others kept singing and humming with my twin. Kajal who sat to my left opened her arms and hugged me sideways, sandwiching me between Aarav and herself.

It's been a day since that entire episode of calls and cries and I'm better than before now. Although it's weird that instead of AK, Apar has started calling me endlessly. I guess he thinks that he can talk me into believing that they all put AK's name by 'mistake'. Well, he's wrong.

Today's the last day of the trip after which we all will be returning home on the college busses. I'm planning on writing out a draft on all the institutions which we covered on this trip once we reach home. That's our class assignment anyway and it won't hurt to complete it in advance. Moreover, I can keep myself from thinking about Ayushmann if I succeed in making myself busy.

I looked at my phone which had been placed on a little rock in front of us as it began to flash yet another call. It was Apar's name flashing on the screen. Sighing, I picked the device in my hand. All this while, Aarav was looking at me intently.

"Do I talk to him?" My twin asked me, a hint of warning in his voice.

I shook my head to tell him a no as I looked back at the screen. Deciding on what to do, I fumbled out of Kajal's embrace and walked out of the circle. As I walked away, I passed another group of college students seated around their bonfire. Around four colleges had brought their students on a trip to this place and it looked like these students too were spending their last day of the trip. As I walked ahead, my eyes were glued to the screen in the darkness and I accidentally bumped into someone.

Upon raising my eyes, I realized that it was a girl with dark locks and gorgeous brown eyes. She too was busy talking over her phone and when we walked into each other; both of us dropped the phones. I guess she's also as clumsy as me. She passed me an apologetic smile while I mirrored a similar expression. She quickly crouched down and picked up both the phones hastily. Handing me my phone, she smiled and passed me to walk over to her group.

I placed the phone over my ear to listen to whatever Apar had to say but stood still when a feminine voice reached me from the device.

"You're clumsy. Dropped your phone again, didn't you Amaya?" The voice asked me.

"Um...excuse me!" I said and turned to look back at the girl who had handed me 'my' phone. She too had a confused look as she pressed the phone against her ear. When she turned to look at me, her eyes widened and she realized that she was holding the wrong phone.

"Here's your phone, sorry!" The girl said as she hurriedly placed the phone back to me.

"No, it's okay." I told her.

"I'm Amaya by the way..." She introduced herself awkwardly as she took back her device.

"Nice meeting you," I told her and was about to walk away when she stopped me.

"Listen hun, I accidentally received who ever was calling you, you might wanna get back on that call," Amaya said.

My eyes widened at her words. I hadn't even planned on starting the conversation with Apar! How will I start?

The girl smiled and walked away.

"Yeah Jivika! Sorry, sorry. So I was saying that Amaan and Shreyansh then..." The girl walked away, talking to the girl over phone.

Sighing, I turned on my heel and walked over to the busses which had been parked over the edge of the lot as I put the phone over my ear.

What Apar then told me left me dazed.

Author's Note:-

Hello readers!
I'm sorry if I'm leaving you guys on a cliff hanger but the next update will reveal up everything, I promise!

BTW, The girl ,Amaya, who bumps into Tanya is actually a character from the book 'Us' by my friend dreamcatcher0105 and I'll be glad if you go ahead and give that book a read. Amaan, Jivika and Shreyansh are also a part of 'Us'. I prefer this book for you guys, especially if you're an Indian. Coz you'll love the Desi format and approach of the book.