Chapter : Thirty Seven Quarrels?

Chapter : 37 

"No matter what happens, nobody will cross the boundary line," Vivek warned the guys as he pointed at the white and red rope floating about in the waves at the far distance in the waters.

"I bet one of the guys will whistle at you," Kajal whispered to me as we reached the boys.

To my annoyance, Bella was sitting next to AK while they listened to the coach. She had her hands wrapped around Ayushmann's arm in a possessive manner. Kajal followed my gaze and cussed at Bella with a frown. Our arrival made everybody's attention avert to us. Aarav choked on his breath as he looked at me while Darshan patted his back. Jake gaped at me with a raised eyebrow while Apar smile with a thumbs up.

"Stop it now! Otherwise I'm gonna go back to the Shack." I huffed in embarrassment while the guys took in my appearance.

My eyes trailed over to Ayushmann who was looking at me with raised eyebrows and a confused smile. Kajal kicked my shin and made me land back on earth. Shaking my thoughts off, I walked over and settled down beside AK.

"What?" I asked, my voice sounded unusually cold as I looked at him.

"Nothing... Hadn't expected this one," Ayushmann admitted with a grin.

"Neither did I," I spoke, my voice a mere whisper as I glanced at Bella's hands around his right arm and turned my attention back to Vivek. AK seemed so distant suddenly.

***

"Trust me, its easy guys!" Jake bellowed as he came back to the shore after riding the high waves for a few minutes while we watched him perform the sport with ease.

"Says the guy who literally drowned during the New Year's Surfing Competition." Darshan stated with a smirk, earning a hit on his head with the surfboard.

"Ready?" Ayushmann asked me as he took my hand in his.

Turning to face him, I looked into his brown eyes and wondered what the hell was going on. Why was Bella so clingy towards him? Why did they have so many pictures going viral on social media? Was she more than a friend? Who was I in his life then?

"Tanya...?" Ayushmann asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I said with a nod and extracted my hand from his as I headed for the waves with Kajal throwing daggers at AK while she marched with me to the waters.

The next few hours were mindblowing! I remember cold water splashing all around and making us scream whenever the waves would drop down or escalate up in a rhythm. Initially, I fell a lot into the ocean. Losing my balance every now and then and splashing into the waters. But that didn't stop me. Resurfacing, I'd get hold of the surfboard and chase the waves again. 

Aarav, on the other hand gave up on the idea of surfing after he complained of sighting a huge crab in the waters. We didn't bother pulling him back into the ocean because the poor kid looked pale already at the thought of the crab.

Talking about Ayushmann, he looked like the perfect surfer. Before entering the waters, he had thrown off his white vest, giving a breathtaking view of his upper half. It was a perfect moment to show off his well-built body, in my opinion. A smile adored his face as he tried and rode the waves, occasionally falling off the surfboard with a laugh.

By the end of the surfing sessions, I was breathless. Breathless in a bad way. Dammit Anemia!

Skipping over to the shore, I dropped the surfboard and crashed into my twins arms who had approached me with concerned eyes.

"Shit, you're alright?" Aarav asked as he helped me balance on my feet by holding me by my arms.

"Yeah, just tired..." I answered as I settled down on the warm, soft sand underneath with my twin beside me.

Closing my eyes, I rested my head over Aarav's shoulder as we looked at the rest of the boys surfing about. AK hadn't noticed my sudden disappearance yet and was splashing water at Apar who was cussing at his brother for it.

"What's Kajal doing?" I asked, amused when I noticed how she was talking to Vivek by the shores.

"How am I supposed to know? Ever since she's met that dude she's acting weird." Aarav countered in a slightly annoyed voice when Kajal laughed at something Vivek said and lightly punched his arm playfully.

I glanced at my brother with a frown but his face held no particular emotion as he looked ahead at Kajal and Vivek. Shrugging my thoughts off, I looked up at the blue skies as I leaned against Aarav.

***

"Let's bet a hundred rupees each." Kajal suggested as Jake shuffled the UNO cards on the bed.

It was about evening now and one of my remaining wishes had also been fulfilled. Aarav and his pals and Kajal and I were now in my and Kajal's Shack room, planning on playing a game of UNO to pass the time until dinner arrives.

"Where are you going?" Aarav asked me as I got out of the bed and headed for the door.

"I'll go and call AK and Apar over," I answered as I reached the door.

Bella had left when we were done surfing and I was least interested to ask her to stay. Ayushmann, on the other hand, had even offered her a bed in the shack! I am so darn pissed.

Thank the lords that Bella left with a stubborn no but not before giving AK a tight hug which definitely broke somebody's heart somewhere.

Walking out of the room, I headed for their room which was a few doors away. Reaching Ayushmann's room, I raised my hand to knock on the door when I stopped short as a loud crash reached me from inside the room.

"Breaking stuff isn't a solution Ayushmann," Apar said.

"I'm not looking for a solution. Everything's sorted already," AK replied, annoyance lacing his voice.

"You gotta respond to Bella and everybody else bro," Apar suggested.

"I don't need advices Apar, I've made up my mind already." AK retorted angrily.

STOP EAVESDROPPING IDIOT! I thought.

"You can't just cut off everybody Ayush!" Apar said in an exasperated tone.

"Watch me do it," Ayushmann replied.

This was followed by dead silence. The door then flung open and AK marched out in the opposite direction. I thanked the lords that he didn't see me in his hurry and rage. Taking a deep breath, I stepped into the room to which the door had been left ajar by AK.

Apar was seated on the single bed with his hands on his face. The room looked perfectly fine except for that shattered vase on the floor. I turned my eyes back to Apar who was oblivious of my presence.

"Apar?" I voiced my presence.

Apar jerked up and glanced at me with a surprised look. He then passed me a nervous smile.

"Hey! What made you come here? Ayushmann just went out, I'll go and-" Apar rambled on when I interrupted him.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Apar stopped short on his excuses and sighed. I crossed my arms on my chest, waiting for him to open up.

"Fine, I'll tell you." Apar agreed.

Author's Note:-

CLIFFHANGER!!. *Jazz hands*

See u guys until the next update!!

BTW, on a scale of 1 to 10, how hot does AK look in the pic added above? *faints again*

Love,
Arhana❤️