Chapter : Six Impressed

Chapter : 6    

Ayushmann's POV   

She smiled a hundred smiles,

She cried a hundred cries.

What her words fail to imply,

Her eyes beheld the surprise.

Vishal stopped and looked up at me with a raised eyebrow. We were discussing the poems in his studio. This place had tons of memories linked to my past. Vishal was one of the first music directors that I had worked with from the very start of my career as an actor. I often sing for albums and over the span of all these years, he and I have become well acquainted with one another.

 Initially Vishal had sternly declined my offer to have a look at the lyrics but stubborn me succeeded in making him read the golden words in that thick, old notebook. I gestured for him to read further. Flipping the pages, he read on.

For you I waited and I waited,

I feel I waited too long.

With every passing moment my expectation elevated,

But then a voice emerges deep inside,

It says, 'no, what you feel is wrong.'

Vishal looked up once again. This time his eyes mirrored an emotion similar to mine. He too was drowning in admiration just like me. I knew he'd be as impressed as I am by those words because, come on now, great minds think alike, right?

"You didn't write this?" He asked once again.

"No," I replied and shook my head. Sighing, Vishal took a moment to digest the fact that some College-going girl, in her twenties, wrote these lines. In my opinion, I'm not that surprised to find such a young hand behind the words because I too had been into writing and composing since I  was a teenager.

"Well, whoever wrote these... I really wanna meet her." Vishal said as he closed the notebook and put it on the table.

My lips upturned gradually at the realization that Vishal had agreed to meet her. Flashing a wide grin, I stood up from my seat, leaned ahead and hugged him hard while he made disapproving noises. Vishal was never the kind who'd like happy hugs and kisses.

"Thanks meri jaan! (Thanks my darling!)" I exclaimed, still giving him that bone-crushing hug to which he responded with a stiff body and a grumpy face.

Smiling, I extricated from the hug and walked out of the studio with speedy steps, my mind racing with excited prospects. I headed for the parking lot with the blue notebook in my hand. 

The driver had brought the SUV back after minor repairs on the dents and scratches. Thanking the guy, I asked him to drive me to the Raj Complex as I climbed into the back seat of the SUV. He passed me a confused look as if wondering as to why I had to reach a residential complex in such a hurry. After all, no celebrity friend of mine resided there. 

"Oh bhai, Complex aaj hi pohochna hai, (Hey bud, I need to reach the Complex by today,) Please hurry up," I bellowed to the guy when he didn't make a move to get into the car. He nodded and quickly climbed into the SUV and we headed for the Complex.

The traffic was pretty thin today. While on the way, I texted my brother to arrange for a car as soon as possible and send it to the Raj Complex so that I can return home without much of a hassle. Mumbai public often goes haywire when they spot a celebrity and in my case, it won't be any different. To pass the time, I kept myself busy with the poems in that book.

Once the driver drove the SUV into the complex, I put on my glasses and cap before I walked out of the car. I could spot a few men and women walking about in the complex whom I assumed were the other residents of this complex. Hiding my identity has been a really tiring job. Sometimes I too wish to be normal. You know, to be able to go wherever I wish without having the need to either go with guards or with a getup that covers my face. 

The driver too climbed out as he glanced around at the place. I'm sure he was still trying to figure out as to why had I come here. I checked my phone which had received a text from my brother, Apar. 

Apar : I've sent a Renault 2 pick u up. Will b there in a moment. 

Replying to him with a quick "Thanks" I pulling out that notebook from the car and flipped through the pages, hoping to find any contact numbers. I smiled mentally when I found one.

Annoying Brat- 985621

Sounds like someone who is close to her, I thought.

Giving it a shot, I dialled the number and waited as the caller tune rang. The person picked up after the third ring.

"Hello? I've told you guys a million times that I DON'T need any coaching class offers so sto-" The guy went on rambling.

"Hello, is this Aarav?" I asked and the boy stopped his rant almost immediately.

"Yeah." He responded after a brief moment.

"Listen, this is Ayushmann." I started.

The next moment I heard a loud thud as if something heavy fell off. My best assumption was that he fell off his bed. Of course, you don't answer calls every other day to casually chit-chat with a celebrity. I waited for a moment to let him digest the fact that I had called him.

"You there?" I asked.

"Yeah...yeah I'm here." He replied.

"I've brought back the SUV like I promised and uh..."I hesitated, not knowing how to carry the conversation ahead. I mean a few hours back I had responded so coldly towards the two siblings that talking to them with a friendly tone made it all really awkward now. I'm sure Aarav too felt the same way round about it.

"And?" Aarav asked when I didn't speak.

"And I needed to meet your sister. Can you send her down?" I announced straight away. I hate beating around the bush business anyway. Why waste time in useless talks when you can directly get to the point?

"Yeah, sure-" Aarav was saying but then he stopped midway. I frowned at the abruptness with which he paused on his words; it made things turn kinda suspicious.

A few muffled voices of a plausible argument reached me through the phone while I tried in vain to figure out what was going on. Aarav spoke after a while.

"Actually Tanya's out and I don't exactly know when she'd be back. It might take too long." He said.

I frowned at that. This was definitely fishy.

"Um...okay. Let her know that I was looking for her and tell her to call me back when she returns. It's pretty urgent." I told him after which I disconnected with a disappointed sigh.

As if right on cue, a maroon Renault SUV drove into the Complex, honking hard to grab my and the driver's attention. I smiled at the sight of the car; no matter how annoying a brother Apar is, I know that I can always count on him for a helping hand.

Author's Note:-    

Namaste readers!!!

I'm sorry if the chapter is too short. I promise the next updates won't disappoint you.

vote. share . comment.

XOXOXO