Chapter : Thirty Eight Guilt

Chapter : 38

Nothing can turn so bad that it can't be mended; Right?

I agree that Ayushmann did wrong by keeping things from me but was there some reason behind it? Maybe he deserves a second chance over it?

"You're gonna stand there and listen?" Apar's words brought me out of my thoughts.

He was looking at me with sincere eyes as he pushed himself off the bed and pulled a bamboo chair out from the corner and placed it adjacent to the bed for me. Walking back to his bed, he settled down on the mattress and waited for me. I pushed the door close and silently took the seat and faced him. With every passing moment my heart was beating faster out of anxiousness.

"In the past few months... Ayush has cut off several directors and producers." Apar started.

"As an actor he's got several contracts that he needs to abide by. Every interview that he gives, every word that he speaks to the media is approved by the management to maintain his public image. But ever since he's met you, things have gone haywire Tanya..." Apar spoke on, "In the last two months, AK has fired off three managers because they would be reminding him about his schedule and would beckon him to contact the film makers..."

"What?" I gaped at Apar with a look of disbelief.

"Yeah, it's true. Not just that, Ayush has pulled himself out of multiple contracts. He's signed out of about four movies in the past few weeks because these films demanded that he devotes his time to them. You know, to discuss the cast, set, scenes, direction and what not..." Apar continued, "And Bella Williams is one of the directors to whom AK had agreed to be working with. She's an old friend and, yeah, can be a bit hyperactive when it comes to meeting people. Ayush has somewhat cut her off as well because he didn't wanna proceed with the discussions of the film..."

I felt an unsettling feeling develop in my gut as I squirmed in my seat. Guilt was gradually drowning me out with every word that Apar spoke.

"I've tried to make him understand that he's tossing away precious opportunities but he just won't listen..." Apar said as he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"How many directors has he been avoiding?" I asked.

"Ten? Twelve? Fourteen? I don't know. As far as I've seen, he keeps rejecting a minimum of fifty to sixty calls a day," Apar replied.

***

Ayushmann signed out of movies. He cut off every other film maker who wanted to work with him. He broke out of contracts. He's stopped following his passion.

And you know what Tanya? You're the very reason behind it!

How selfish could you be?

"I bet Jake will trip and fall over that branch," Kajal whispered to me which brought me out of my thoughts.

Today's the second day of the trip and our group was currently trekking through the dense woods surrounding Rajodi beach. It was one of the activities you could enjoy while spending time in here. I was in no mood to go trekking but going with the flow seemed easier than saying a 'no' to Kajal. Plus, I didn't wish to make people worry about me by shutting myself out from everybody else.

Walking a few more steps into the forest, we came to halt at a clearing which was surrounded by trees of varying heights. Vivek was accompanying us and was leading the pack.

"Alright, so from here onwards, we all will be moving in teams of two and follow the arrows that have been hammered over the tree trunks at basic intervals; these arrows will lead you out of the woods. It's just to make it fun. Though if you feel like you're lost, give a call on the number that I've given you already. My academy boys will find you in no time," Vivek ordered.