Chapter : Twenty Four Dog-o-Phobia?

Chapter : 24  

"I need to meet Ayushmann Khurrana..." I spoke nervously as I looked at the security guard who stood in front of me, dressed in his pale blue uniform.

"You have the permission letter?" The guard asked me casually as he fiddled with a bunch of keys in his hands.

"What? Um... no. I didn't know about a permission letter..." I started.

The guard smirked at me.

"Madam, this is the third time in a week that some girl has showed up in a professional dress up, acting like a VIP. If you want an autograph of Ayushmann sir then keep waiting outside the gates. He'll give you one in case he drives out." The guard said.

"Wha-...listen, I know AK personally." I tried.

The guard raised an eyebrow at that statement and I ended up turning crimson. Why the hell am I blushing?! It's the truth anyway.

"Wait a moment then." The guard said and picked up the receiver of his landline phone placed on his desk. I waited as he dialled the number from the register and talked to whoever was on the other end.

I waited patiently. Raising my eyes to look up at the sky rise building, I observed the structure. It was painted white and blue which matched the clear skies overhead. The broad windowpanes of the building reflected off the bright afternoon sun. The building must have around thirty to forty floors. I held my shoulder bag and felt the pages of the thick little notepad on my fingertips. It had all the questions prepared for the interview. 

"Yeah, it's a madam. Brown hair, fair face..." The guard described as he looked at me.

"Eyes? She's got grey ones" The guard answered to the person.

The guard listened for a while and place the receiver down.

"Sorry for the inconvenience madam, follow me." He said as he walked into the complex.

I silently followed the guard as he led the way into the ground floor of the complex which had been converted into a waiting area. It looked like the reception area of a hotel rather than a residential complex. The guard gestured for me to use the elevator.

"She's a special guest. No need to sign the register." The guard explained to the woman who was about to push a register and pen into my hands. She passed me a knowing smile and walked back to her desk.

"Take the elevator to the twenty third floor. House number A-23" The guard directed and walked back to his booth outside the complex.

Taking a deep breath, I took the lift to theinstructed floor. The elevator doors opened in a moment, revealing a brightcorridor which had been adored by little flower pots that had been hung aboutoccasionally. The side facing the main road and Mumbai traffic had been coveredwith floor to ceiling glass panes which gave a beautiful view of the entire cityscape. Up from this height, the people and cars looked like little ants moving about busily.

"Come on in," A familiar voice reached my ears and I turned to face Ayushmann who stood at his doorway to my right with a warm smile.

Though we had talked over messages, meeting him in person was always the best I could ask for. A happy feeling would envelope me whenever he'd flash that million dollar smile.

Smiling, I walked into the house as he stood aside for me to enter. AK closed the door behind him as he followed me up. I was busy taking in everything in the huge living room. It was brightly lit with the curtains of the wide, sliding windows tied aside neatly on either side of the window frame, letting the light pour into the room.