Chapter : Forty One Echoes

Chapter : 41

Ayushmann's POV:-   

"...But we need to choose a proper location for the fifty seventh scene," I explained as I pointed a finger at the script in my hand and leaned over to Bella who was sitting next to me. She averted her eyes from Keshav, the Co-director of the movie, and glanced at the part I had gestured at.

"Yeah... How about the Kashmir Valleys?" Bella asked and looked up at Keshav for his opinion.

"Nah, it'll take us forever to receive the approval letters. Better think of some tourist hill stations," Keshav suggested.

Sighing, I settled back on the lounge. My phone buzzed and it was a text from my newly appointed manager, Umesh.

Umesh : Sir it's almost 3:00 PM. We'll be late for the other meetings,

I placed the phone back into my jacket pocket and excused myself from Bella's office. She passed me a smile that said she understood that I was running busy on my schedule. Returning her a quick smile, I headed out of the huge production house and was met by Umesh who was waiting for me at the reception desk.

"When's the last meeting scheduled for today?" I asked Umesh as I strided for the Mercedes before any paparazzi gathered up for photographs. I just wanna sum up today's meetings and go and spend time with Tanya at the hospital ward.

"Sir you'll be free by 9:00 PM," Umesh answered.

I paused and glanced at him incredulously as he opened the back door for me. How can he appoint meetings till 9 in the night? I guess taking an abrupt break from your work does cost heavily.

"Bhai baith bhi ja, (Bro get in now,)" Apar's voice reached me from the other side of the backseat. Peeking a look in, I realized he was gonna join me on the ride.

Without wasting any more time, I climbed into the Benz beside him and Umesh got into the shotgun while the driver drove off for the next destination. I kept drumming my fingers over my knees to stop myself from fidgeting too much out of impatience; I don't know why but since the past few hours I've been feeling this way. The next meeting was with the Yash Raj Films and hell they were angry about my abrupt disappearance. Actually I had signed up a contract with them and now that I've broken literally every clause and deal, I'm sure they are waiting to hear an appropriate excuse from me.

"It's good to see you getting back to your actual self," Apar remarked beside me while I nodded unmindful.

This is not my actual self! My actual self belongs to be in that ward next to her bed; holding onto her hand and making her laugh over the lamest jokes. My actual self belongs to be enchanted in her company; to be smiling with her.

If it hadn't been Veer's tight schedule, I'd have flown Tanya to Bengaluru already for the surgery. I've talked to Veer and he's agreed to carry the procedures day after tomorrow.

A frown emerged over my face as Tanya's words rang over my mind...

"Films are your life, AK!" Her words echoed.

No, they aren't. Not anymore.

"You need to get back to the industry!" Tanya's words echoed again.

Get out of my head; I need to get back to you.

"Bhaiya! (Brother)" Apar's loud call brought me back on Earth as he shook me by my shoulder to gain my attention.

"What?" I asked in an annoyed tone as I swatted his hand off my shoulder which was still shaking me.

"I was saying that we've reached." Apar said in an amused tone.

"Huh?" I asked, glancing out of the window and realizing that the Mercedes had come to a halt outside the YR Productions.

"Oh, yeah." I mumbled as I stepped out of the Benz with Apar following up.

Umesh too followed us silently as he texted and contacted the different people, informing them about my appointments one after the other. The boy was a hardworking kid from what I had observed in the past few days and I'm glad that I hired him up.

"Sir, you've got your next meeting at 4:30 pm," Umesh reminded me as we three ascended the stairs to the entrance.

"Bhai yeh meeting toh khatam kar lu, (Bro, lemme finish this meeting first,) then we'll discuss about the next one," I told Umesh with a chuckle while he smiled embarrassedly.

Ascending the stairs, I absent-mindedly pulled out my phone when it buzzed, indicating a text. Glancing down at the screen of the device, I stopped dead on my tracks as I reread the few words of the latest message that had popped up on the alight display. My face fell and a heavy feeling settled down in my gut as the words registered eventually.

Doc Heather: We lost her. She's gone.

"Ayush! What happened?" Apar bellowed worriedly as I stumbled a step back in shock and he leapt and held me by my arms.

No words from my brother or manager then registered in the miserable turmoil that surrounded me. A sick feeling enveloped me as things began to turn more and more real. I wasn't hallucinating and neither was it a nightmare of any sort. The words on that screen remained firmly existent as I kept rereading the last word: gone.

Extricating out of my brother's arms, I hastily descended the stairs and reached the Benz. The driver must've seen the look dawning over my face for he handed the keys to me without a question and stood aside. Grasping hold of the steering, I turned the ignition and headed for the hospital, feeling her words echo through my head even louder now.

Author's Note:-  

No words after this update... I'm sorry guys but this had been the pre-decided plot even before I started writing the book on Wattpad. Hate me to no ends but this is how YSAH was supposed to end.

Though a few more chapters are left so don't leave yet.

Stay tuned for the coming updates. They won't disappoint you, I promise.