Soulmate AU

AU: A flower blooms when and where your soulmate is injured.

*Peter POV*

Why can't porcupines fly?

"-Peter, Peter!"

"Hmm, what?"

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Ned calling out to me.

"I just got a new lego set! It's the Millennium Falcon! You wanna come over to build it tonight?" Ned asked.

"Sorry, I can't. Mr. Stark wants me to meet this kid that's in town from Tennessee. Apparently he's quite skilled in making potato guns," I replied.

Ned's excitement from Mr. Stark's name seemed to drown out the last part.

"I still can't believe you get to hang out with THE Tony Stark. I mean, not only is my best friend spider—" but he was interrupted by my hand clamping over his mouth.

"Dude, MJ is right there! You realize my identity is secret for a reason, right?" I said in a hushed tone.

Ned turned tomato red before MJ suddenly spoke up.

"Relax loser. I'm not gonna reveal your sticky secret," she said, nonchalant.

"I—I don't have a secret," I said, failing to keep my cool.

"You know, the secret dressed up in a onesie. It's quite obvious."

I seemed to be at a loss for words until the final bell rang and chaos went through the halls. Ned and I raced to the front before I parted ways to get into the car with Happy.

"Hey, Happy! How are you today?"

Happy replied with a nod. Just as I thought he might be warming up to me, he rolled up the partition between us.

Dang it, I thought.

I sat back in my seat and got ready for the long ride to the compound.

§

*At the compound*

"Thanks Happy!" I yelled as I ran towards the elevators.

"FRIDAY, can you take me to wherever Mr. Stark is?" I asked once I got in the elevator.

"Of course Tiniest Avenger," FRIDAY replied.

"I—Did Mr. Stark tell you to call me that?"

"That is classified," FRIDAY said, but I could've sworn the AI sounded like she was smiling.

§

As the elevator doors opened, FRIDAY's voice rang out from above.

"Boss is in his lab," she said.

"Thanks, Fri," I called out as I skipped down the hall to Mr. Stark.

I opened the door to see Mr. Stark and another boy who must be Harley.

"Uh—Hey, Mr. Stark," I awkwardly said.

Mr. Stark looked up at me. "Oh, hey kid. Come on in," he said. "Peter, this is Harley Keener. Harley, this is Peter Parker."

I smiled at Harley and stuck out my hand to shake.

"Kid, you might not wanna do that," Mr. Stark chuckled.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

But my question was answered when he shook my hand and I was suddenly covered in oil.

§

Harley has been here for almost two weeks and I may just have a tiny, tiny, tiiiny crush on him.

"Hey, darlin, can you pass me that pencil," he asked, making me panic.

"Uhh—yeah, yeah."

But in my panic, I threw the pencil.

I threw the fucking pencil.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Are you okay! Oh my god, I'm sorry," I rambled.

Harley chuckled. "It's alright, Pete."

"No, it's not! You have a scratch on your forehead!" I said.

"I may have a scratch on my forehead, but what's that on yours?" he said, trying to change the subject.

"What do you mean, what's that on yours? There's nothing on my fore—" but on my forehead was a small string of blooms, right where Harley's scratch is located.

I faced Harley in astonishment. His brows furrowed as he worried over me.

"Are you okay? What is it?" he said as he moved my hair to inspect it.

His hand dropped as he saw the blooms. We stared at each other until Harley grabbed my shirt and pulled me in for a kiss.

But of course, living with the Avengers isn't the most peaceful thing.

We were interrupted by Mr. Stark and Tasha barging in.

The four of us awkwardly stared at each other until Mr. Stark broke the silence.

"Dammit, Nat," he said, handing Tasha a fifty dollar bill.

A/N: So here's the first oneshot! If you have any requests, feel free to comment!

Stay safe <3