EP.211|The Runaway Bride and the Fire Dragon (Part 2)

Once the pod door opened, Evie ran as fast as she could out of the room. She kept running till she couldn't run anymore. She slid down the closest wall crying into her hands, "I knew this would end badly," she muttered, "all those dragons... dead... because of me... how could I? Ho-How could I just make those crystals and be oblivious to the pain it caused millions of dragons?"

"Habibti?"

"Go away, Jasper." Evie buried her face in her knees, sobbing harder. Jasper slowly walked towards her, "I told you go away! How could you even be near me after what I did to your race?!"

Jasper sighed, "because," he sat beside her, Evie scooted away, "I know you, and this isn't you."

"Obviously you don't, I don't even know myself anymore! Who else did I murder with that liquor? Hmm? Wolves? Animalistic? Demons? Humans?" Evie held the side of her head, "I-I-I... I just can't!"

"Habibti-"

"Don't call me that! Habibti is what you call someone you love and you can never love a murderer!" Evie shook her head rapidly, "you just can't, Jasper."

"I don't care you saw in that pod," Jasper crouched down in front of her, "you're still my mate, my Habibti, my Evie."

Evie looked down, not saying a word, "I-I just nee-need some time alone." She stood up, walking off, leaving Jasper to worry.

└──────── °∘❉∘° ────────┘

It's been 5 hours since Evie left and it worried Jasper, he paced back and forth in my dining room. "Did I say something wrong? Is she done with me? What if she's hurt?" Jasper questioned. "Jasper," I rested my hand on his shoulder, "why don't you get in the pod? It'll help if you see someone who's just like her."

Jasper muttered something in Arabic before entering the pod, I walked over and whispered, "don't worry, your mate's a tough cookie, she just needs some time to think."

Jasper nodded, trusting in me as I closed the pod, allowing the memories to begin.

Sapphire ran back to her room, shutting the door as she pressed her back against it, panting heavily. "Sapphire, what's wrong?" Rosary asked, dropping the flowers she was holding to rush towards Sapphire side, gently leading her towards the bed.

Sapphire couldn't fully wrap her head around those newspaper headlines "so many... dead... because of me..."

"What are you talking about?" Rosary asked, Sapphire passed her the papers, "no wonder people never knew about this, Isaiah covered it up."

"You knew?"

"Yeah," Rosary sighed, "a friend wrote these papers, and she told me she never saw them in the media, I tried investigating up kept coming up blank."

Sapphire shook her head, "I can't do this! I can't marry this man and share a business that kills dragons, maybe even more!"

"What?" Rosary was shock, but not surprised "where are you gonna go?"

"On migration! With you, Inferno, and Xander!" Sapphire beamed. "Migration is a lengthy journey, Sapphire, are you sure you want to do this?" Rosary asked. "I do!" Sapphire cheered, "I can't go in this dress though."