EP.221|Training With The Earth

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

“Why...won't...you...listen?!” CJ scolded, hitting FireFly up against a tree. Carlos rubbed his eyes, walking out onto the balcony, “Princesa? Come to bed...it’s 2am, I like having you near when I sleep.”

“No...until...this...thing...listen!” CJ yelled, stomping on it. “Don't you think hitting it will make you listen to it less?” Carlos wondered. CJ stopped in her tracks, “Carlos, I want you to have FireFly.”

“I can't use it, only Hook Family Members can.” Carlos reminded her, jumping down to CJ. She looked down, “what’s wrong, Princesa?”

“That...thing! It has a mind of its own! My father and grandfather said controlling it was easy! But it’s not! It’s like trying to calm down a rat on cocaine!” CJ growled, “and I feel so stupid not being able to do it!”

“Hey, hey,” Carlos clutched her shoulders, “I’ve seen you do some amazing things, CJ. Including you using FireFly.”

“Yeah, when it wants to work with me.” CJ rolled her eyes. “Maybe if you stop forcing each other to work with one another then maybe you’ll find common ground.” Carlos guessed. “I’m not about to bow down to a piece of metal, Carlos!” CJ scolded.

“Nobody said you have to bow down to it, just work with it.” Carlos shrugged. CJ yawned, “I guess, that might work,” she slung her arms over Carlos’ shoulders, “ya know...I really appreciate you.”

Carlos chuckled, carrying her back to room “I appreciate you too, CJ.”

The next morning, CJ starred at FireFly who floated in front of her, “I know you don't like me, and frankly I’m starting not to like you either, but everyone else is getting stronger and we need to too.”

“Are you still talking about it?” I asked, CJ nodded. “It would be nice if I had a teacher.” CJ sighed. “What do you mean? It’s right in front of you.” I shrugged. “You mean FireFly?” CJ tilted her head.

“If it’s one thing you got right it’s that FireFly has a mind of its own.” I explained, “FireFly, or the Aetherius Slicer, was formed by Mother Earth herself, so it’s powers are connected to the earth just like your Particle Dust Magi is.”

“I don't get it, so we both connected to the Earth, big whoop.”

“CJ, if you connected with the earth, and FireFly is part of the earth…” I began, CJ eyes widened. “Oh!” CJ laughed. “So,” CJ turned towards FireFly, “Mama Earth’s mad at me that’s why your not connecting with me because you’re basically a part of her.”

“Wow! Look who knows how to put two and two together!” FireFly mocked. “Shut up! How was I supposed to know you were connected to the earth?!” CJ scolded.

“You can hear FireFly?” I asked, CJ nodded. “I’ve been able to hear FireFly since we left the Boxes.” CJ explained.

“So, why do you hate me?” CJ asked. “It’s not that we hate you, it’s more like we can't work with you or more like you’re not letting us.”

“What? I’ve been working for months trying to get you to work.” CJ stated. “That’s the problem, our forces keep clashing together.” FireFly sighed. “How?” CJ sat in the sand.

“Think of it like this,” FireFly drew a wave in “were like low tides and high tides, either we’re putting too much power in or too little, it’s never equal.”

CJ held FireFly in her hands, “I wanna work with you and the earth, so please, just work with me…?”

CJ stood up, placing FireFly on the sand, she placed her feet on FireFly’s bar, “up?” CJ closed her eyes, waiting for FireFly to knock her off but it never came. CJ eyes widened, “YES!” she yelled on the top of her lungs.

Meanwhile, with Carlos and Philip, they could hear CJ’s scream, they both chuckled, “your mate seems happy.” Philip noticed.

“She must have gotten used to FireFly.” Carlos shugged, “I’m happy for her.”

CJ wobbled on the bar of FireFly to gain balance. “It’s alright, I got you CJ.” I held onto CJ’s hand as we walked on the beach. “Okay, just don't let go, alright?” CJ tried her best not to stare at the ground.

“I’mma let go,” I said, letting go of CJ’s hand. “Sw-Swan! Hey, wai-wait!” CJ began wobbling a little before regaining her balance. “Alright, got some balance.” CJ spread out her arms.

“Up.” FireFly went up. “Down.” FireFly went down. “Yes!” CJ cheered, zooming around with FireFly. “Carlos! Look! I’m flying like Sabrina the Teenage Witch!”

Carlos, Philip, and myself watched from the ground as CJ practiced her flying with FireFly. “You’re doing great, CJ!” Carlos clapped. “Thank you!” She waved down to Carlos, forgetting to watch her balance and began to fall.

“FireFly!” CJ yelled, FireFly swooped down, catching CJ before lowering her to the ground. “Great job Miss CJ!” a cherry voice made Philip whip his head to the left to see one of my assistants delivering me a letter.

“This is for you, Miss Swan.” she handed me the letter. As I read it, Philip couldn't help but stare at her. “He-Hello, m-my names’ Emerald, but you can call me Emmy.”

It’s her! Phillip cheered his senses going wild at Emmy’s jasmine and vanilla smell. Why does she smell so good?!

“Wh-why is he staring at me?” Emmy covered her flushed cheeks with the tray. “I don't know, why are you staring at her Philip?” Carlos smirked, sipping his smoothie.

“Carlos,” his gaze never left Emmy’s. He put his hand over Carlos’ face, “do us all a favor and shut up!”

Emmy chuckled, “he looks so titty hurt.” Philip laughed alongside her. “I’m Philip,” he shook Emmy’s hand, “so, you work for Swan?”

“Yeah, I’ve been her assistant since I was little, she’s like my mom.” Emmy rubbed behind her neck. I furrowed my eyebrows, “now of all times he wants to do this?!”

“What’s wrong Swan?” CJ asked, hanging upside down from FireFly. “Nothing dear,” I flashed her a warm smile, “me and Nadia have to leave for a couple of days, that’s all.”

“Where are you going?”

“To meet with someone.” I replied, standing up from my seat. “Me and Nadia will be back in a few days.” I looked at CJ, Carlos, Philip and Emmy as though it were the last time.

Cause where I was going, it might be…

Later that night, CJ washed her face in the bathroom, shrinking FireFly to the size of a hair pin that held back her hair. She dried off her face walking into the bedroom to see Carlos writing something down.

“Layla? No...that’s not right. What about Autumn? No, Mama would kill me if I name my kid after a season. Hmm, Jasmine? No, I’m not naming her after a stone or a princess. Rose? No, it doesn't fit. Maybe...Nat-”

“Carlos, what are you doing?” CJ asked, sitting beside him. “O-Oh! Noth-Nothing! It’s stupid.” Carlos put the paper behind his back. “Carlos,” she leaned in, kissing his lips, as she grabbed the paper, “you know I don't like secrets.”

“Sneaky minx.” Carlos muttered. CJ unfolded the paper. “Autumn, CHristy, Layla, Summer, Rose, Jasmine...Carlos is this some list of all the girls you slept with?!”

Carlos pointed to the top of the list, “possible baby names,” CJ read, her heart swelling with joy. “You thought of baby names?” CJ asked, looking him dead in the eye.

“Yeah...I know it’s early but I started thinking about it when you were in the shower. I really like the name Natalia. We can call her Nati for short.” Carlos chuckled nervously.

“You wanna do this? Start a family?” CJ eyes shimmered in the moonlight. “I’ve known since the day I met you, that I’d want you to be the mother of our children.”

“Carlos…I’ve always wanted a princess life since I was little, but, Carlos, I have to know,” CJ clenched her night dress, “why me?”

“You’re my ma-”

“And don't give me that mate excuse, I love being your mate, but that doesn't mean you don't have other options on who the mother of your children could be.” CJ looked down, “I don't want to be some pity excuse.”

“You’re not Princesa,” Carlos rested his fingers under her chin, kissing her cheek, “you’re not just my mate, you’re the one the moon destined me to be with, and she destined you to be with me too.”

“Carlos, this may be stupid to say, with the war coming aroudn and all, but,” she bit her lip, looking away from him, “put a baby in my belly.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah, let's do this,” she wrapped her arms around his neck lovingly, “I want to spend the rest of my life with you Carlos!”

Carlos stared into her ocean blue eyes, kissing her nose, “you won't regret this, Princessa, I promise you.”

“I know I won't Carlos, being with you is the one thing I’ll never regret.”

~A/N~

Hewo! Lately my phone has been on the fritz lately so it's hard to post updates. Lucky for me i have a couple chapters prewritten so yay!

Stay safe everyone!