Five

Ashley's POV

"Great she's home." I mumble as me and JJ make my way into my house.

"Is that you Ashley?" My mom yelled as I internally groaned.

"Yes it's me. I'm picking up my clothes to sleepover at Kies." I say as I lead JJ to my room.

I hear my moms footsteps as she walks into my room.

"Who's this?" She asks me as she looks JJ up and down.

"My friend JJ." I say as she rolls her eyes.

"I need to talk to you alone." She says sharply as I sigh. I grab my clothes and throw them into a bag.

"I have to leave and I don't want to talk to you." I say back as she fake laughs.

"She's just joking." My mom says to JJ as he stands there awkwardly.

"You are not leaving unless you talk to me for 5 minutes." My mom says as she grabs my arm causing JJ to flinch.

My mom takes me outside my room and shuts the door.

JJs POV

I'm alone in Ashley's room. Should I look through her stuff. No. I look around her room and see one of her bras on the floor. I shake my head as I look away from it. Ashley was super hot and nice but we are just friends. We just flirt for fun that's just what we do. Recently I have been having real feelings for her which scares me.

"You can't just have fun all summer! You need to start thinking about your future!" I hear Ashley's mom yell.

"Right, because that worked so well for you." Ashley yelled back. I heard a loud smack causing me to rush over to the door. I knew that sound too well. I put my hand on the knob trying to decide whether I should interfere. I would probably make things worse.

"You have always told me what to do! I got good grades, I joined the soccer team. Can't I do one thing for myself!" Ashley yelled as I heard her voice crack.

Every bone in my body wanted to open the door and beat the shit out of her mom but my mind screamed at me to stay still.

"Throwing away your whole summer for some boy is reckless and stupid!" Her mom yelled back.

"Im just spending the summer with my friends, chill out!" Ashley yelled as I heard her walk towards the door.

I quickly walk away from the door and try and act normal.

Ashley walks in and I look up at her. Her eyes were red and she had a red spot on her cheek. She locked the door as she sat down slowly on her bed.

"I'm guessing you heard all that." She whispered softly.

"Yeah." I whisper as I sit down next to her.

"Let's get out of here." She mumbles as she stands up.

I grab her arm and sit her back down.

"Did she hit you?" I ask Ashley as she doesn't look into my eyes.

She doesn't reply which gives me my answer.

"Has she hit you a lot?" I ask her causing more tears to fall down her face.

"I'm sorry." I whisper as I pull her into my arms.
_______________________________
JJ is too kind I can't 😭