Fourty four

Ashley's POV

"Let's get out of here before he wakes up." I say softly as I get up.

JJ stands up and wraps his arms around me as we walk out the door. JJ had bruises on his eyes and a bit of blood on his lip. JJ grabbed my hand as we walked side by side.

"Are you okay?" JJ asked me softly.

"I'm fine he only hit me once." I say as the incident played through my mind.

"I shouldn't have let him hit you. It's one thing for him to hit me but for him to hit you. That really pissed me off. I should go back there and kill him." JJ says angrily.

"You can't kill him JJ. He's still your dad." I reply softly.

"I hope you know all those names he called you aren't true. You aren't a slut or any of those things. He's just an asshole." JJ says softly.

"Yeah I know JJ." I say softly.

I feel him gently rub his finger against my hand.

"That wasn't how I thought the night would go." I mumble as a small laugh leaves my mouth.

"Me either." JJ says as a small laugh also leaves his mouth.

I know I told JJ that his dads words didn't affect me but they did. Maybe he was right. I mean Rafe clearly thought I was a slut. I guess that's how guys see me. Maybe JJ even sees me like that.

"What's wrong?" JJ asks me as he interrupts my thoughts.

"Nothing." I say as I give him a small smile.

"I know something is wrong." JJ says softly.

"I'm fine. Just tired." I say softly.

I can tell JJ isn't convinced but he doesn't pressure me to answer anymore questions.

"Back at John Bs house." I mumble as we walk inside.

"Why are you back so soon?" Kie asked us as she was very confused.

"Holy shit what happened?" Kie gasped as she looked at JJs face.

"Is Ashley that rough in bed?" Pope says playfully causing John B to smack his arm.

"I tripped on the way to my house." JJ lies.

They all give him a puzzled look as I can tell they aren't convinced.

"We will be in the kitchen." I say as I quickly walk into the kitchen.

"That doesn't look like he fell." I hear Kie whisper to John B.

"Maybe it was his dad." John B whispered back.

I grabbed some paper towels and got them wet.

"I can clean it myself." JJ says softly as I feel his presence behind me.

I turn to face him. He was now towering over me.

"I want to clean it." I say sharply as I push him down into the chair.

He just stares up at me as I place the paper towel on his lip. I wipe away the blood from his gorgeous face. He stares up at my lips and then quickly leans in. I instantly kiss him back as I deepen the kiss. I loved the feel of his lips on mine. I pull away and put the paper towel back on his face. I then think about the words his dad said to me and I take a deep breath. I finish cleaning up his face and threw away the paper towels. My mind was racing as I kept thinking about how everyone thought I was a slut. I didn't know how to deal with my emotions so I started making toast.