Twenty

Ashley's POV

I couldn't fall asleep. I tossed and I turned on the couch but nothing could stop my mind from worrying. Should I have taken Rafes offer? How can I even think like that? Rafe is a horrible person and I made the right choice. I still felt guilty. I knew he would call the cops and I was impatiently waiting for them to arrive a John Bs door.

"Calm down." JJ whispered.

He was sleeping on the ground. I don't know why, he always ends up on the couch with me anyways.

"How can I calm down when we are going to get arrested?" I reply sharply.

"Well then think about something else." He says as he turns on the lamp.

I can now see his tired figure making its way over to me. He sat down next to me on the couch. He brushed his fingers under my eyes.

"You are tired. Get some sleep." He says softly as he looked at me with concern.

"I can't sleep." I reply as I stare back at him.

He looked tired too and I felt bad for keeping him awake. But I knew he was just as worried as I was and that's why he wasn't asleep.

"Let's distract ourselves so we can calm down." I say softly.

"Okay." He says.

I sit in between his legs as he lays back on the couch. I play with his fingers as I try and calm myself down.

"Why don't we talk about what happened in the lake?" He says softly catching me off guard.

"What do you mean?" I ask him hoping he's not talking about how we almost kissed.

"Come on Ashley. We almost kissed." He says quietly in order not to wake the others.

"I know." I reply wondering where he was going with this.

"What are we going to do about it?" He asks me.

"Let's just pretend it didn't happen. It's not like we actually kissed. People almost kiss all the time. We don't want to ruin the friendship we have." I say to him.

"Your right. I just don't want it to be awkward between us." He says softly as he starts playing with my fingers.

I felt comfortable with JJ. I felt myself slowly drifting to sleep. I was almost asleep when I was shaken awake by the sounds of sirens growing closer to us.

"Crap." JJ groaned as he pushed me up.

We both stood up in panic as the sound of the sirens got closer. We heard footsteps and saw John B walk into the room.

"It's 4 am! Why are they here so early?" John B groaned.

"Shit!" Pope said frantically as he rushed to look out the window.

"Couldn't they at least come at like 8 am." Kie groaned as I could tell she had just woke up.

I rushed over to the window next to Pope to look for the cop cars. The sirens got louder and they parked right outside of John Bs house.

"Ashley." JJ said as I sensed panic in his voice. He grabbed my hand and headed out the back door.

"JJ! We can't just run! That will get us in a lot more trouble." I say as I yank his arm.

"Ashley. If we go to jail are parents are gonna kill us." He says frantically as he looks at me.

"We can't run." I reply sharply.

I drag him back inside as he frantically ran his other hand through his hair. We heard banging on the door.

"Open up its the police department!" A voice boomed.

I slowly made my way to the door and opened it.

"Hello officer." I said as my voice shaked.

"Ashley and JJ. You are under arrest for destruction of someone else's property." The officer said as he grabbed my wrist and handcuffed me. Another officer grabbed JJs hands and handcuffed him.

They led us out to their cars. I could feel the handcuffs rubbing against my wrist. I turned to look at JJ and I have never seen him so afraid. He was fighting back tears.

"You can't take them away!" Kie yelled as she followed behind us.

The officer ignored her as he shoved us inside the cop car. He shoved us right next to each other. JJ pulled his hands to the side of his back and grabbed my pinkie through the handcuffs.

"We are gonna be okay." He whispered softly.

But were we gonna be okay? Two kids who's parents hated them were now going to jail. We messed up big time. All I know is when I get out of there I'm killing Rafe Cameron.

________________________________
Ooof they going to jail 😱