Fifty two

Trigger warning ⚠️ mentions of sexual abuse
Ashley's POV

"Can you tell me exactly what happened?" The sheriff asked me softly.

I didn't even try to speak as I sat their motionless. I was sitting on JJ's lap with his arms tightly wrapped around my waist because he refused to leave me.

"She won't be able to answer sheriff but let me ask you a question? Did you catch Rafe?" JJ yells as he gets angry.

"He wasn't there when we pulled up but I have officers searching for him right now." The sheriff replies softly.

"That's such bullshit because I know the second you catch him he gets to walk free. That doesn't sound like justice to me sheriff! Stop asking her what happened and go find him and send him to prison!" JJ yells angrily.

The sheriff sighs as she waits for him to calm down.

"I'm in a tough spot JJ but I'll do what I can." She says softly.

"It doesn't matter what she tells you.. you and me both know what happened." JJ says sharply.

He gently rubs his fingers against my arm in order to remind me that he was there for me.

"I just want what happened in her words JJ." The sheriff says softly.

JJ scoffs as he bangs his hand on the table.

"She's not in the right mind set to talk to you." JJ says sharply.

I crossed my arms as I tried to open my mouth and say something but nothing came out. I knew if I started talking about it that it would mean it was real. It would just bring back the memories and right now I just wanna pretend like this didn't happen.

"So you were at the beach and JJ left and Rafe kidnapped you..." the sheriff says as she tries to get me to talk to her.

"He...... he raped me is that what you want to hear! He kept me chained up to some pipe and touched me in places I didn't allow him to touch!" I scream as tears stream down my face.

Both JJ and the sheriff weren't ready for that outburst. I turn my body around and bury my face in JJs chest as I cry harder. It was like I could feel Rafe touching me right now causing me to scream into JJs chest. He ran his hand gently against my back as he tried to calm me down.

"He did it twice!" I sob as I soak JJs shirt with my tears.

"It's okay. Your safe now." JJs voice cracks as he places a kiss on my head.

"T...t... ttttt topper is the only reason I got out of there. Rafe was gonna keep me for another week." I say softly as I cry harder.

"Why don't you take her home, She's said enough." The sheriff says softly.

JJ picks me up and cradles me in his arms. I keep my face hidden in his chest as I continue to cry. He used me.

"He took something from me that was suppose to be special. Not stolen." I say softly as I cry.

I can feel JJ sigh as he carries me to the car.

"Hey." Kie says awkwardly as she sees me.

JJ shakes his head at her as he sets me in the car. I cling onto JJs shirt as he lays down in the back. I rest my head on his chest as I can't stop crying. Pope sits next to us and I feel the car start moving. The van was silent besides the sounds of me crying. I could feel all eyes on me as they all felt horrible. JJs fingers caressed my face as he tried to wipe away the tears. The van hit a bump causing me to scream as images of Rafe flashed through my mind.

"Shhh... shhh... he's not here... you are okay.. you are safe... he's not gonna get you again." JJ says softly as he pulls me closer to him.

I felt so overwhelmed by my emotions and how exhausted I was. I hadn't slept in the past two days. We arrived at John Bs house and JJ carried me inside. I had stopped crying and my eyes felt heavy. JJ set me down gently on the couch. He quickly climbed in next to me and wrapped his arms around me from behind. My eyes got heavy and sleep over took me.

JJs POV

I watched her as my heart hurt. I hated seeing her like this. I hated that she had to go through this. I hated myself for letting this happen to her. I knew she was exhausted because she fell asleep right away. I forced my eyes shut as I tried to get some sleep. I felt a sense of relief having her in my arms. She was so soft and gentle. Sleep soon overtook me. I was soon woken up by Ashley's violent screaming.

"He was ........ he was!!" She screamed as she frantically looked around.

Tears fell down her face as her body was shaking.

"He's not here... it's okay.." I say softly as I wrap my arms around her.

"It felt... like it was happening.... all over.... again." She said in between sobs.

"Your safe. It won't happen again." I say as I rest my head on hers.

"But it did happen and I can't get it out of my head." She mumbles as she wipes away her tears.

"I heard talking about things helps." Pope says scaring the living shit out of me.

"Where the hell did you come from?" Ashley asks him as a soft laugh leaves her mouth.

I smile as I listen to her laugh which I haven't heard in a while.

"My mom." Pope replies playfully causing Ashley to roll her eyes.

"Shut up." Ashley yells as she throws a pillow at him.

"I've literally been sitting here the entire time." Pope says from his place on the ground.

"I guess your presence just isn't important." Ashley says playfully causing Pope to scoff.

"I'm the most important person in this room." Pope replies defensively.

"I'm actually the most important." Kie says scaring the shit out of me again.

She was laying on the ground beside the couch. I also noticed John b was next to her.

"You all are in here?" Ashley asks in disbelief.

"We were all worried about you." John B says softly.

"Come here guys." Ashley says softly.

They all get up from the ground and we all pull each other into a group hug.

______________________________
A group hug —-my heart can't 😩