Thirty

Ashley's POV

I stared up at JJ as I saw how scared he looked. I wished that I could do something to help him.

"Rafe bro. This has gone too far. Let him go." Topper said as he tried to reason with his friend.

My eyes glanced behind Rafe as I saw John B trying to sneak up behind him. The crowd got quiet as they turned their heads towards John B. John B put a finger over his mouth and everyone stopped looking at him. Rafe started to turn his head....

"Rafe!" I yelled causing him to look at me.

I needed to distract him so John B could continue to sneak up on him.

"You obviously hit your head too many times. You aren't thinking rationally. Just let him go and we will forget any of this ever happened." I say softly as I glance at John B.

John B was now right behind him.

"It isn't that simple Ashley. He's the reason why you don't love me!" Rafe yelled.

"I don't love you because you treat others like shit, not because of him. And quite frankly killing him will make me hate you even more than I already do." I say as I keep Rafes attention on me.

John B grabbed Rafes arm and smacked the knife out of his hand. Topper grabbed both of Rafes arms and pulled them behind his back.

"I'll take him home." Topper said softly as he dragged him away.

"I'm not going to give up Ashley!" Rafe screamed.

I got up quickly and jumped into JJs arms. His arms tightly wrapped around me as he held me closely. I could feel his heart beating quickly against mine.

"I was so worried about you." I whispered as tears fell down my face.

"I got you. We are both safe now." JJ whispered breathlessly.

I cried into his embrace as he held me. I felt three other sets of arms wrap around us. I look down and see Kie, Pope and John B clinging tightly to me and JJ.

"You saved him John B." I whisper as I hear all of us crying.

"I was so fricking scared." Kie whispered.

We stay there for a couple minutes just feeling the safety of each other's hearts beating. Everybody eventually releases from the hug but I remain clinging onto JJ.

"I thought he was gonna kill you." I whisper softly.

"Rafes an asshole not a murder." JJ replied softly.

JJ set me down slowly. I immediately smacked his chest.

"What the hell? I thought you were worried about me." JJ yelled at me.

"That's for being an idiot and risking your own life for me!" I yell angrily.

"I'm sorry that I care about you." JJ replied softly.

"We are gonna head back!" Kie said to both of us.

"We will meet you there later." JJ mumbled in response.

"You could have died." I say as I cross my arms over my chest.

"He was going to kill you what was I suppose to do." JJ says defensively.

"I can't lose you JJ." I say as I stare at the ground.

"And I can't lose you that's why I took your place." JJ said as I felt his eyes on me.

"Why would you risk your own life for me?" I ask confused.

"You don't see it do you? Ashley I'm in love with you!" JJ yelled.

My eyes immediately shot up and met his.

"You what?" I stutter in disbelief.

"Fuck Ashley I'm in love with you. I don't want to be just friends anymore. I want to be able to call you mine and take you out on extravagant dates. I want to be able to kiss you whenever I want and travel the world with you. I just want to be with you Ashley." JJ ranted as he awaited my reaction.

"Uh.... I love you too JJ. I wasn't sure of what I was feeling at first and I just assumed you flirted with everyone so I pushed my feelings aside. But now I cant hide how I feel. I love you too JJ." I reply softly.

JJ wastes no time as he grabs my face gently and smashes his lips against mine. We move our lips slowly against each other wanting to savor every moment. We only pull away to catch our breath as we stare into each other's eyes.

"You have no idea how long I have been waiting to do that." JJ says breathlessly.

______________________________
Okay so should I write more and like have more drama with rafe and them dating or leave it as it is 🤨