Twenty three

Ashley's POV

"Let's get out of here before he wakes up." JJ whispered.

He helped me stand up and we walked away from his house.

"Your head looks terrible." He says as he examines my face.

He looked so sad as he saw all the cuts and bruises. I stared at the bruises on his eyes. How could someone hurt him like that?

"I'm sorry. No  one should treat you like that." I whispered as I squeezed his hand.

"You look worse than me." He says as he looks down at me.

We arrive at John Bs house.

"JJ! Ashley!" Kie yelled as she ran up to us.

She pulled us both into a tight hug causing us both to wince in pain.

"Holy shit what happened to your faces." She asked as she examined my face.

Me and JJ both looked at each other and shrugged.

"Did the police do it?" Pope said as he ran over with John B.

"No." JJ replied softly.

"Was it your dad?" Pope asked softly.

JJ slowly nodded as he stared at me.

"Was it your mom ash?" John B asked me.

I slowly nodded. Everyone just stared at us not knowing how to respond.

"Let's go get you guys cleaned up." Kie said breaking the awkward silence.

We all headed inside. Kie, John B and Pope sat in the living room. I led JJ to the kitchen. I grabbed a ice pack and placed it on JJs face.

"Let me clean you up." JJ whispered as he stood up.

"I'm fine." I mumble as I start scrubbing the dishes.

I felt JJ's arms wrap around my waist as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Stop stress cleaning. Let's clean up all the blood and then take a nap." JJ mumbled into my shoulder.

"Okay." I said softly.

He grabbed my hand and sat me down in a seat. He grabbed the first aid kit and started wiping off by wounds. I watched him as he concentrated on getting off all the blood.

"What did she do to the top of your head?" He asks as he wipes off a shit ton of blood.

"She yanked my hair." I reply as I stare at him.

He stops cleaning me up and stares into my eyes. His blue eyes staring into mine. His eyes glanced down at my lips and then immediately back at my eyes.

"I'm sorry." He says softly.

He kisses the top of my head and then continues to wipe off all the blood. Once he finishes I grab a rag and start wiping blood off his face. His face was so cute it pissed me off that his dad messed it up. 

"I hate your dad for messing up your cute face." I mumble as I continue to clean him up.

A tired laugh escaped his lips.

"You think I'm cute?" He says with a cocky smirk.

I playfully nudge his chest causing him to groan and take in a deep breath.

"Is your chest okay?" I ask him with concern.

"Yeah it's fine." He replies quickly.

I study his face and I can tell he is lying. I slowly lift up his shirt but he stops me with his hand.

"Don't." He says softly as his eyes plead into mine.

I ignore him and lift up his shirt. I gasp as I stare at four huge bruises.

"JJ." I say softly.

"It's fine. Don't worry." JJ says as he quickly pulls down his shirt. I look into his eyes and he looks like he's about to cry.

"You can tell me anything." I say softly.

I pull his head into my chest as I hear him softly cry. I play with his hair as he cry's harder.

"I hate him and I hate your mom." He says through sobs.

"I hate them too." I say softly as I feel tears stream down my face.

"Let's go get some sleep." I say as I take his hand and lead him to the couch.

I sit down and JJ lays his head in my lap. I continue to play with his hair as we both cry. I stared down at him and thought about how much I love him. But I can't love him the way I do. He's only my best friend.
_______________________________
I hate their parents 😒